Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have seen a lot of talking about the different types of bands, forks and pouches and that is GREAT but what about the ammo. Round is not a perfect aerodunamic shape as far as I know (correct me if I am wrong). A Speed bicycle helmet is more of a drop shape. Maby the tail could go throug the pouch and the thicker part inside? Or what about the shape of a golfbal? With litle dents on it? Or scraped lines on it, to get it to sort of spin?
There must be somthing to gain from a lesser air resestant shape?

Anyone tried this?

Lets make the steel fly FAST

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would it bee possible to moald a lead ball as a golfball? Or to make it like that after? According to mythbusters (allways a good source) a dimpled golf ball travels up to ca35% longer than a smoth... That is some major differnce! If one could make a ball with lesser air resestans, that would mean that it would go faster, that would mean fasterballs with lighter bands? or am i wrong in my conclusions here?
maby I should try fyrig golfballs... probably need a pritty big sling and bands for that=)

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would gladly by some and test it, but I looked at there webpage and cant find it. Google it and found some people talking about it but not where they had seen it... If someone knows please tel me! Oh and how would I test it? I dont have à chrony is there some other way to do à serious test?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.