Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DSCF3093.JPG DSCF3093.JPG DSCF3093.JPG

So this project stemmed from the mistake that I thought we were doing a plywood challenge for the ssotm. I neglected to look at the date of an old post. oops. I had already glued the block together and traced a pattern on it before we who made the mistake were informed. I was going to put it aside for later or never because I dont like plywood. So I finished it as a personal challenge. Its got bone lanyard stay, braided green leather lanyard with another bone as an adjustable bead. It holds hand cut double thera band gold and a handmade leather pouch. I like the outcome but I find the material difficult to deal with. I learned a tun doing this personal project.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
attachicon.gif
DSCF3093.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSCF3093.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSCF3093.JPG

So this project stemmed from the mistake that I thought we were doing a plywood challenge for the ssotm. I neglected to look at the date of an old post. oops. I had already glued the block together and traced a pattern on it before we who made the mistake were informed. I was going to put it aside for later or never because I dont like plywood. So I finished it as a personal challenge. Its got bone lanyard stay, braided green leather lanyard with another bone as an adjustable bead. It holds hand cut double thera band gold and a handmade leather pouch. I like the outcome but I find the material difficult to deal with. I learned a tun doing this personal project.
It might be plywood but that is a nice looking slingshot! Do those bands mount in a top slot?

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bands mount in a clamp. there are threaded inserts in the fork tips that the screws go into. The wood clamps have a stainless steel rod that stands proud that corresponds with another rod that is counter sunk into the forks. Thanks for your comments and support.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I think it has a cool kinda look to it . U definitely have some hours into it nice work fella the clips r way cool to .

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
  • I enjoyed most every moment of making it. Sitting on my porch sanding/filing with my dog(diesel, american bulldog mastiff mix) is a good day. I've been learning a lot these last couple of months about shooting and making sling shots. Thanks for your support/ comments, and helping me grow in this new avenue of life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts