Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i have finally decided to give the pfs a shot,watched a few videos on shooting technicues and styles,etc. so my question is what is a good frame for an absolute beginner,never has even seen one in real life don't really know if its gonna work for me kind of situation.figure this is the place to ask before diving in. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A plywood or HDPE pfs, I suppose.
When you're trying to shoot a slingshot with no fork gap, the frame doesn't matter nearly as much as paying attention to your technique.
I was thinking along the lines of HDPE or equivalent,style question is mostly for large slightly arthritic hands, thanks

·
See The Target
21,996 Posts
Its a very easy to cut out of plywood if you have a scroll saw ect . You can buy an aluminum one on the Pocket Predator web site also .

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
I recommend the opfs or the arber. I have very arthritic hands, but small.
I have a few in the works in 3/8" aluminium and I cam knock one out in hickory or hard maple that is scaled up a touch for large arthritic hands.

Oh and I am working on a conus or two.

Reactions: skarrd

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I love making turtles and I think that it’s one of the coolest looking frame but not my favourite to use that said try a pickle bone or a slimpicking I like that kinda style better .The opfs u made is a good one to I got a scaled down one I keep in lunch bag for me and the guys at work for the night shift haha .The opfs u made is sweet skarrd r u liking it man

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a few in the works in 3/8" aluminium and I cam knock one out in hickory or hard maple that is scaled up a touch for large arthritic hands.

I will keep my eye out,i think I am going to try a turtle next as treefork suggested

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I love making turtles and I think that it's one of the coolest looking frame but not my favourite to use that said try a pickle bone or a slimpicking I like that kinda style better .The opfs u made is a good one to I got a scaled down one I keep in lunch bag for me and the guys at work for the night shift haha .The opfs u made is sweet skarrd r u liking it man
Thank you.i will check them out.thanks

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I will keep my eye out,i think I am going to try a turtle next as treefork suggested
meant Forkless,sorry.its early morning here.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts