Slingshots Forum banner

Pfs?

947 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Covert5 
#1 ·
Im debating on either buying one somewhere or just making my own but how much harder are they to shoot? I mainly just use my hammer but i want to try a pfs. Ive read that some can shoot arrows as well if you make it right. And would a pfs be harder to set up with my go to 3/8 x 1/4 tubes?

#2 ·
I'm a novice PFS shooter. I use 1632 single tubes and shoot BB's. No tweak, no twist, no flip (at least intentionally). I'd recommend making yourself one out of some plywood or a wooden spoon (check out boo-shooters). They're so easy to make that you can get an idea what you like, then purchase a nice one in the future. Check out the template section of the forum for some good frames. I don't know about shooting arrows though. I'd be afraid of skewering my hand, but I'm sure someone here has done it.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Pfs is a blast! Try making a simple one first and try it out using soft ammo until you get the mechanics of it. Then move your way up to rubber ammo, marbles, then to steel. Once you get it, you can practically shoot anything! There is no gap lol! Pfs is like curving the ammo, like this! Happy sling'n!

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
I will say I agree ...make one, not anything nice. Fork hits will definitely happen. Wear eye protection. Start with light bands and small soft ammo...
I twist and tweak...barely.

Also once the technique is mastered...one can shoot any frame.

But the first frame will take a beating...you will become frustrated...and you will have FUN.

Good luck, slinger.

PS- Arbor's pfs and OPFS are excellent designs to make.

#11 ·
Im thinking of making a opfs out of some material i have at my house. and wondering with the standard template for the opfs do you guys think there is enough room to add the ocularis plug system in the forks? Im not at home so i can check anything so any info would help.

#12 ·
Im thinking of making a opfs out of some material i have at my house. and wondering with the standard template for the opfs do you guys think there is enough room to add the ocularis plug system in the forks? Im not at home so i can check anything so any info would help.
I'm guessing not. Someone made this one and the top forks look larger than a standard opfs.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.