Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
500 Club
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I've recently noticed there are a lot of PFS on here. I was wondering, what are the advantages or features of a PFS?

Cheers Luke

·
Jesus Saves!
1,116 Posts
LOL... i love PFS and love to shoot them but yeah if you don't know how to shoot them your going to hit yourself in the hand which trust me hurts! The good thing about them there fun to shoot, there addictive, and there pocket able!

·
500 Club
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh, might not make one then.. but then again I could make one and use it in the future? hmmmm

·
Registered
121 Posts
They're really great for shooting yourself in the hand.
If you're into that sort of thing...
This made my day! But I love pfs, if you can learn how to shoot it well, I find it more fun to shoot. And also a lot more convenient size wise.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what its called, but I turn the pouch to make it parallel to the ground,slighty slanting the slingshot. Look up how to shoot pfs on YouTube and find ones made by pfs shooter.
Sorry I can't link it, I'm on my phone.

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
i began shooting PFS few months ago, fork hits galore in the beginning, but! that only lasted 1 day, i did a little reading on the technique, and immediately stopped having fork hits, its very very easy to learn, plus once you gain the twist method and confidence you can do other types of shooting flat top, flatstrap, bareback. plus PFS seems like one of the better ways for fast target acquisition, is OTT but right in line with the eyes. as small as they can be made you can still shot the larger ammo with the same strength bands. lots of pros, very few cons.

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what its called, but I turn the pouch to make it parallel to the ground,slighty slanting the slingshot. Look up how to shoot pfs on YouTube and find ones made by pfs shooter.
Sorry I can't link it, I'm on my phone.
simply search DGUI on this forum

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
do you shoot them on a forward fork angle to avoid fork hits ?
you could i suppose? when i get into too many adjustments i find that its out of fear, practice with peas, once you get the hang of the pouch twist you would see that it is as easy as shooting otf its just getting the hang of the mechanics involved the fork twisting as the band retracts causes a slight jump in the pouch, which acts to clear the forks with short forks and an intentional cant to the ss you might even negate the jump driving the shot into you forks or worse your hand, once i become 100# reliable with the flatstrap shooter i am going to get brave and attempt making darts and shooting them. it is an accomplishment to shoot knowing you are pushing the limits.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts