Slingshots Forum banner

Pickle Fork Parade

2K views 39 replies 13 participants last post by  Covert5 
#1 ·
I hope to see here every pfs what ever forked and/or pickled. Tiny turtles, OPFS, Arbors, etc. For this thread fork gaps should 12.5mm or 1/2" or less. I understand some models of Gappers need a good twist & tweak release to fire...but let's keep it precisely pickle-forked.

I will start with 2 of my more recent.

A conus from Fidencio in Mexico made from Lignum Vitae and ziricote.

And the little jewel from Richard Newman in the U.K. I cannot remember all about this one.

More to come...

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I hope to see here every pfs what ever forked and/or pickled. Tiny turtles, OPFS, Arbors, etc. For this thread fork gaps should 12.5mm or 1/2" or less. I understand some models of Gappers need a good twist & tweak release to fire...but let's keep it precisely pickle-forked.

I will start with 2 of my more recent.

A conus from Fidencio in Mexico made from Lignum Vitae and ziricote.

And the little jewel from Richard Newman in the U.K. I cannot remember all about this one.

More to come...
It would seem to me that the little jewel exceeds the parameters set by yours truly in reguards to fork gap. But Hey, I still like your posts.
Yeah, What he said??

#13 ·
This is a high falutin' PFS. None of youz can hold a candle to this beauty! She isn't a shelf queen. She is a garage shooter right now as I am teaching myself to shoot like Dougie! She was born in the UK. I apologise as I can't recall the maker. I found it on eBay from a collector that never shot her. FEAST YER EYES!![emoji38]
9889a06d138a9edb708265141f0f2355.jpg
bbc343be6bee5b8542c1875e34142fd5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#14 ·
You guys actually shoot those dinky little things? I can't shoot a lick with 'em. I think we should wait for them to grow up and be real slingshots.
Well, we do. But aren't you shooting frameless? That's the real "far out" slingers, right there. hahaha

I made one, shot a bull's eye my 1st shot, was hooked. My theory is once you get the method down there is so little margin of error that you are bound to hit or near-miss.

Now if you're this far into this thread I am going to add an edit to the top explaining my intent for this thread clearly ( I hope).

#15 ·
This is a high falutin' PFS. None of youz can hold a candle to this beauty! She isn't a shelf queen. She is a garage shooter right now as I am teaching myself to shoot like Dougie! She was born in the UK. I apologise as I can't recall the maker. I found it on eBay from a collector that never shot her. FEAST YER EYES!![emoji38]

Sweet Moses! that is a fine one, Mo.
I bet it's a shooter's favorite.

#16 ·

Sweet Moses! that is a fine one, Mo.
I bet it's a shooter's favorite.
After relaxing a bit, watching some videos, and trusting myself I realized why there is a true following of the PFS. I haven't made a real one yet but the ease of a straight plank build is obvious to me.
579dd0849b98a733da0bd15f0d770786.jpg

#17 ·
Okay. I cannot add an edit at the top...So I am doing it here.

Edit- In this thread, Pickle Fork Parade. We share our PFS because we love pics here at SSF.

About PFS- Here is what I know, corrections are more than welcome, they've appreciated.

1. Traditionally a pfs is a frame that no or up to a 1/2" (12.5mm) fork gap.
2. A twist and tweak release is necessary to shoot a pfs.

Please share any pics of pfs that meet either of these 2 requirements.

note: A frame with more than a 1/2" fork gap but still may require a twist & tweak release and has around a 1" (25mm) fork gap is called a Gapper.

Attachments

#19 ·
Well, we do. But aren't you shooting frameless? That's the real "far out" slingers, right there. hahaha

Yes in deedy doodle I am or have been shooting frameless! And believe it or don't, I can actually hit something. Not always, but enough to make it fun.

Then the clouds rolled in and the rains started. I shot from under the patio cover for a day or two until my left hand went on strike. Rumatiz really sucks in wet weather...Tried a small gapper that I built from one Mikey sent me. The neighborhood is a safer place without those weenie little dinks in it. Totaled up three fork hits, one web smack (Ouch!#%//*#). A dozen off the cinder block wall and even more off the neighbors roof.

When it comes to PFs I retired from the field. Tweaking and flipping indeed!

#20 ·
Today's PFS from my collection.

Thanks, Mo, fornthe flip and the handy image above of T-n-T.
Wow. My actual first ever makery! Historical! You know I shot it one time, over the neighbors wall. I didn't know what I was doing or making. I saw a Keith Deighton YouTube video by accident (while searching pickle boat racing) and this is what happened![emoji2957]

#25 ·
Oh so beautiful!

I love them all.

I am wondering if anyone knows Sanch from SSC. He lives in TN, too. He and Peter Recuas sure designed a lot of the frames I love.

Also has anyone used the T-worm attachment method.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.