Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEWBI, GOT A FEW QUESTIONS. I JUST PURCHASED SOME PIG SKIN LEATHER FROM EBAY,JUST ONE 4-6ft PIECE FOR 10$ FOR MAKING POUCHES,THE WEIGHT IS 2oz - 1/32'' - 0.8 mil.- 1.5 irons ACCORDING TO THE CHART. IS THIS TOO THIN FOR MAKING POUCHES? I PLAN ON USING THERA-BAND GOLD FOR ALL MY SLINGSHOTS, AM I GOING TO HAVE TO DOUBLE OR TRIPLE THE PIG SKIN UP? OR SHOULD I JUST GO WITH A THICKER COW HYDE? AND HOW THICK? ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED, THANX

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
I have been using single layer pigskin. I use 1 inch .030 latex and the pig skin is very strong. I fold the ends over so there is a double thickness at the hole. If you don't think this is enough just glue a couple of thickness's together using Barges cement.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Please take your 'cap lock' function off when posting. Looks like your screaming at us.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
1,953 Posts
Hapa? As in hapa haole?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when I first started using the term "hapa" I thought it meant part or half Asian in Hawaiian,which I am,(Asian/hispanic). but since then Ive heard different definitions for hapa. Anyway I have adopted it & use it with pride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Other than the definition I was told, Ive heard it more specifically means half hawiaiian and half cuacasian, Ive also heard it was origanally a derogatory term. Im still not sure of the exact meaning but like I said Ive adopted it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am currently using an old baseball glove to make my pouches and it works fine but I can only get so many pouches from 1 glove. I have only made three slingshots so far,but I plan on making alot more. Im just trying to find out whats the best leather or hyde for pouches.

·
Super Moderator
7,113 Posts
Hey Hapa, I love Pigskin. You have a 2 ounce piece,just take two pieces of it and glue it together. 4 ounces is prime for a slingshot pouch. Pigskin is really nice too-soft and strong. You said you're from Brooklyn,New York? We have a nice group that shoots together in Long Island, we're all from the NY Metro area. I'm from "Little Brooklyn"- Jersey City, NJ. Next time we shoot,I'll give you a heads up Bud. Great group of people. You'll have a blast! Flatband

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey thanx for the input Flatband. Im a fan of your youtube vids and yup Im from Cobble Hill Bklyn. Also thanx for the invitation, I would like to meet other shooters from around the way, I just hope my schedules allow it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
On ebay "The leather guy" has a conversion chart on his link, I tried to attach it but was unable,also just google leather conversion chart, their should be few other sites that have similiar charts

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.