Slingshots Forum banner

Pigeon + Paintball

Tags
srs
7K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  rapidray 
#1 ·
I shoot paint balls in the front yard at these pigeons to keep them out of the yard. If you get a head shot even these paintballs are deadly. I was shooting my SRS with 2050 tubes.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·

thats why i shoot at things around them , even a side shot can break a wing , especially with them tubes your using. if i were to intentionally hit one, id use the office banded slingshot of mine . but, maybe now his posse will get the hint that they are not welcomed . or not ......

#11 ·
Question (probably sounds like a complete idiot):

I hunted dove as a kid. A bit dry, definitely not like quail, but edible. Pigeons must be related to doves. Squab is domestic pigeon, supposedly, I've had it once and it was pretty good. Are the wild pigeons edible? Do they eat so much toxic crud in cities that they aren't safe to eat? It would make a meal worthy of conversation and chuckles if wild pigeon made a tasty dish.

#12 ·
Wood pigeon in the UK is related to, but not the same as "domestic" pigeon. It is my understanding that all pigeons in North America are domestic pigeons, even though they may be feral.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_Pigeon

So called "domestic" pigeon is in the same family as the dove. Squab is generally just young pigeon. The difference between squab and adult pigeons is similar to the difference between fryers (young chicken) and stewing foul (old chickens). You would need to cook adult pigeon a bit differently than squab. But I would not hesitate to eat it myself.

Quail is a nice, light meat. Dove and pigeon are dark meats, and as you note, I find them drier. So stewing pigeon would be reasonable ... sort of coq au vin, perhaps. If you Google "pigeon recipes", you will find lots.

Cheers ...... Charles

#14 ·
if you use paint balls for ammo...here is a little tibit of info...freeze the balls and they will get hard...I just don't know for how long. the county here has a paint ball field and they had to stop letting people bring in the ammo from home, yep they were freezing them and putting some big welts on the other shooters. So now you have to buy their paint balls.

Reactions: spearoj
G
#16 ·
yep they were freezing them and putting some big welts on the other shooters. So now you have to buy their paint balls.
Once when playing paintball at a local field I took a hit to the inner thigh and it really hurt. As I was walking back in the owner of the field caught up with me. I was complaining that that shot really hurt. Since nobody was there but him and I, I peeled down my pants and there was a huge bloody welt. I said, "That gun is shooting too hot." Then my eyes fell upon a tupperware container of frozen paintballs. A frozen paintball at 300 FPS can crack a facemask.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.