Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People in nature Beak Natural landscape Grass Wood

I’ve been trying for a pigeon lately as they are my favourite quarry to eat hands down. Got up with the sun this morning and walked a good few miles. Bagged these 2 at fairly close range, sub 10 yards anyway. Also got another one at around 15 yards but that got hung up in the spiky tree it was sat on 🙁 Food for the foxes or crows I guess. All 3 shot with 9.5mm lead, GZK 0.72 26-18 half butterfly, they didn’t stand a chance 😁

Think my lawn could do with some rain 😳

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no need to hit the head to kill, right?

i shot a pidgeon to test with a very small and light ammo, and he fell on the ground but then he flied away (i felt bad for hurting him but I wanted to test), i'm totally a novice
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I’m happy enough taking pigeons with body shots as long as I can get to the vitals. I’m using a pretty powerful set up and it’s not unusual to get a clean pass through. If I were using a lighter set up or lighter ammunition then yes I would be going for head shots. Sounds like you need a more powerful set up if you plan on hunting again 🙂

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's a stunning slingshot, great shooting 🤠🍻(y)
Is the dry grass normal? Or are you guys in a drought?
We’ve been having a drought for the last few months, basically zero rainfall except for the last day or 2 where it has tipped down and has been flooding as the ground is so hard. Not much rain forecast so I’ve just read this morning that a hosepipe ban is now in place.

thanks for all the comments on the frame, aesthetically it’s my favourite frame currently and I’m shooting it well also. Here’s my thread on it if anyone wants to know a bit more 🙂

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I’m happy enough taking pigeons with body shots as long as I can get to the vitals. I’m using a pretty powerful set up and it’s not unusual to get a clean pass through. If I were using a lighter set up or lighter ammunition then yes I would be going for head shots. Sounds like you need a more powerful set up if you plan on hunting again 🙂
i was not hunting, just trying lol

·
Registered
Left eyed, right handed!
43 Posts
Excellent! Body shots with such massive power are clearly just the ticket for those pigeon. Like being hit with FAC PCP airgun 😆
I'd like to ask though, HOW did you find them? I can only ever stalk pigeon on winter dusks, I just can't spot them as I walk when the foliage is up during the summer.
Did you walk and watch, or wait for movement, or some other black magic?
Kind regards from the north!
Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts