Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

some of you may have seen my review about the Dankung "Warrior" slingshot.

I had some free time today, so I decided to enhance it as good as possible.

In order to make it larger, but also more ergonomical, I replaced the original, very thin paracord with nice, heavy rope. I used the original stuff to cushion the fork ears (that were not wrapped when the slingshot arrived).

Also, I replaced the original, very short, tough but slow tubular bands with a set of thiiiiin Thera Band black, cut 14 cm x 9 cm x 22 cm.

The result is astounding! A different slingshot. Very powerful, but easy to draw, and much nicer to hold. It still is a little small for me, and the attachment leaves a lot to be desired, but this souped up version is gazillions better than the original setup.

Took just about 30 minutes work and maybe 5 dollars investment!

Jörg

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One section, no glue. The crossover is at the point where the rope touches, right in the midde of the "U".

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hello,

In order to make it larger, but also more ergonomical, I replaced the original, very thin paracord with nice, heavy rope. I used the original stuff to cushion the fork ears (that were not wrapped when the slingshot arrived).

Also, I replaced the original, very short, tough but slow tubular bands with a set of thiiiiin Thera Band black, cut 14 cm x 9 cm x 22 cm.

The result is astounding! A different slingshot. Very powerful, but easy to draw, and much nicer to hold. It still is a little small for me, and the attachment leaves a lot to be desired, but this souped up version is gazillions better than the original setup.

Jörg
hi Jorg.
I agree with you theraband are faster than tubes and a "fat" grip fork works better to me more solid union hand/fork

·
Registered
34 Posts
Joerg, what type of rope did you use? I just got my flying ghost dankung and I want to do the same thing you did to your dankung.

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Hello,

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wrlam2C7GmQ

Jörg
Yo, Pimp Daddy, you Pimped out that Dankung realy nice, the black rope does it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts