·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello All,

Yes , this is nothing new at all , as a child we would use this method when the stones (rocks) that we shot were too big for the pouch , it worked just fine , and nobody ever got injured.

Much has been forgotten in this "modern" world.

:) :) :)

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Thanks and welcome to the forum. I wasn't suggestion that it was a new idea. Just curious if anyone here uses it with round ammo and what they think about the method. It's "different" because we don't see it mentioned on the forum and don't hear much about this style. I'm curious if anyone here finds this method accurate (compared to pouch pinching) or if members have given it an honest try and found issues.

·
Registered
928 Posts
It is good to speed up shooting-loading as well. Few years back there was a thread here discussing this. If I remember correctly PFshooter DGUI also promoted this method. It is also fun to use the pinch ball while using middle finger and thumb for the pinch. That way the load may be faster too.

Regarding to accuracy it is not better (in my experience) but may be much faster after some practice. Some situations that is the deal breaker.

For me half inch and above.

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
I vaguely remember maybe an oriental video of someone demonstrating this technique for repetitive speed shooting - an interesting 'advanced level' variation but not something I'm keen to master. Each his own of course - I'm back in the pack, still into conventional methods and more or less savoring my shots.

·
Mojave Mo
5,155 Posts
I think J5 Obijuanjoe shoots this way, that is were I first saw it in action. It makes sense to have zero friction in relation to the pouch/ball hold. I use it if I happen to reach for ammo that is bigger than the pouch, then I just hold the ball and proceed normally.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
I've also seen it called shanghai style in recent threads. I first tried it so I could make use of those extra small microfiber pouches every Chinese slingshot I buy comes with which will give a little bump in speed. I haven't found accuracy to be much different. Some ammo kinda sticks to my fingers a little more than leather, and the edges of the pouch scrape across my fingers at release. Makes holding the pouch a little more comfortable.

Reactions: Ibojoe

·
Registered
292 Posts
I read this thread and had to run down in the basement and give it a try.

I have some of the Chinese band sets that have the tiny pouches so I put a set on my Axiom Ocularis.

I used the tips of my middle finger and thumb to pinch the 3/8" steel, it worked Ok, didn't seem to shoot any better or worse than pinching the pouch. and I was still slow loading the ammo.

Using the middle finger instead if the index finger seemed to make it a little faster loading the ammo, but it was still way slow, it will be awhile before I do any speed shooting!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I shoot that way. A while ago I switched shooting hands. It was clumsy loading and releasing with my off hand at first and this way seemed easier. I just stayed with it, and now I'm much more accurate with this style rather than pinching the pouch.
I believe that's how Dgui, and Joey shoot for speed draw

1 - 10 of 10 Posts