Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO it's 18° feels like 1° that's what the weather report says
Went for my walk this morning around the Northforty check the front gate that's where all the turkey come by I can't shoot at them but I do like to see them but right on their tail is quail and grouse
Didn't see any tracks in the fresh snow this morning
pink cold-weather bands work great seem like there's a little less pop in my zap
Could be me though my arm bands in my arm might not be doing well at 1° either three jackets lol I look like that little kid in the Christmas movie
Just wanted to check if you other people have used those bands in cold weather and what do you think about them I don't know how long they would last but my Bone Grip likes them well , so far it's been my to go to band seems to like the white marbles all the way to half inch steel easy .
So the only thing I will sling today is my snow shovel
You know you've got to be sick when you go outside in 1° take a handful of marbles with you

Attachments

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nugget is ready he said cold weather be dang let's go slinging he loves it runs around like crazy the whole time I'm shooting in fact i usually can't shoot at something twice because he runs over there to see where it's at
And since I can't hit the broadside of a barn I don't want to hit him lol I wish I had that much energy

Attachments

·
Registered
789 Posts
Yeah, the pinks are nice, smooth, do the job, I use them on a few of my cattys, they are really nice, handle all kinds of stuff, at all the temps I have used them at, from around 65, down to around 0.

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use them 1" no taper on 8mm 9.5 marbles, white slingshot balls or 25/20 for even a little litter ammo
Seems fast and light on the shoulders
I got them because I was going to be in the cold and knew it but I didn't expect to use them all the time but I do I like the pure latex but these are as good I think at least with my little knowledge
By summer hopefully I'll have what tapers and bands and ammo and everything all figured out just right having lots of fun though thanks for the reply
Always like to know if other people are using something that I think is good but since I don't know it's nice to know

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
So this is a bit of a detour but it’s still about the pink flats, which I fully endorse. I use the pinks in 3/4”-1/2”x6.5” cocktails with a 7” loop of 2040 tubing. These boys send 5/8” marbles through pop cans at 40’ like nothing. I can post a picture if you need one.

Reactions: SJAaz

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
So this is a bit of a detour but it's still about the pink flats, which I fully endorse. I use the pinks in 3/4"-1/2"x6.5" cocktails with a 7" loop of 2040 tubing. These boys send 5/8" marbles through pop cans at 40' like nothing. I can post a picture if you need one.
BC!! you're alive and well I hope! We missed you!

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
So here's my LBS with some cold weather cocktails. I'm using .45 cal 135 gr. Hornady lead and I've taken 2 crows with this setup and 4 rabbits since December. Countless Starlings probably in the region of 25-30 or so. Absolutely destroyed the euro trash lol and really sinks a rabbit.

169B5CB5-DFDD-4DD0-AE5C-97D7F85A1EFE.jpeg

Attachments

Reactions: bingo and SJAaz

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
So here's my LBS with some cold weather cocktails. I'm using .45 cal 135 gr. Hornady lead and I've taken 2 crows with this setup and 4 rabbits since December. Countless Starlings probably in the region of 25-30 or so. Absolutely destroyed the euro trash lol and really sinks a rabbit.

attachicon.gif
Geeze BC...That rig looks like you could pound a .45 pill clear through a barn door! Poor crows probably just explode..

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Nice haven't seen bands tied like that
When I get better I'm going to venture into one of the small little things you guys shoot Nice looking
Thanks man I like a smaller frame, and these handsets can be a bit fiddly to tie but they're with the effort I assure you.!

attachicon.gif
Geeze BC...That rig looks like you could pound a .45 pill clear through a barn door! Poor crows probably just explode..
Hahaha thanks brother! Yeah they're pretty crazy to be honest, the nutty part is they're so smooth to draw I find it really helps out with longer shots. And honestly they actually penetrate quite well and you don't see a lot of feather pop, it just sinks deep into the chest cavity and dumps all it's energy or smashes the skull either getting imbedded or or occasion passing through. On rabbits it's a nightmare, I hit a rabbit from what had to be 40 or more feet and the shot was a little low and towed the back legs into the lower rib cage - I didn't even realize it was a poor shot until I got over to him because he dropped like I hit the boiler room. Good stuff, though I'd Im perfectly honest if someone offered me 1000 rounds of .36 or .45, Im going with the .36's. Faster, flatter trajectory, far better penetration.

But for sheer knockdown power, the .45's are hard to compete with.

Reactions: bingo

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Av just cut some of this with bands a bought a bit back they wer cut 25 20 at 7.5 inches but way too heavy draw a cut then down to 20 12 7 inch a haven't tryd them but think a will over wkend to be cold might aswell ????

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
This little baby banded up with anti cold pink precise
Yikes man that little mule is officially ready to work! Very nice cant wait to see your results may, lay it to them!

You'll be after the tree dogs I presume?

Reactions: bingo

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice good bands 1"-7/8" or 3/4 nice tryed Greater taper Got to light quick
25-20 just whips them 9mm I started using the pink because it was a lighter pull when I first started but now they stay on my Red white and blue wide frame Bone Grip
One cool thing about multiple slingshots you get to do multiple ammo and band sets without having to change anything

1 - 20 of 22 Posts