Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
It's been forever since I've smoked a pipe, but I used to get an aromatic blend from Schwabb's, a local shop. Black and Blue. Super mellow, and would smoke it in a cheap corncob. I might have to go dig it out and give it a smoke now that you've got me thinking about it...

Reactions: K Williams

·
OldMiser
3,543 Posts
Long ago many years infact use to use what was called Irish Mist...used a hand carved bent Meerchaum bent pipe...

have no clue where that pipe is today..maybe in storage box .....

akaOldmiser

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Smoking an aromatic blend, EbonKnight, in a Missouri Meerschaum 'Country Gentleman' corncob pipe. I've owned several pipes, including a pricey one from Tim West, but I always gravitate back to corncobs. They don't need any seasoning/breaking in, and they're so cheap I never worry about abusing them. I prefer to sip Ale-8-1 when I smoke to cut back on tongue bite. It's a local ginger ale brewed in Winchester, KY. If you're ever in the area try and pick some up. It's good!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Gosh all fish-hooks - this takes me back. The last time I smoked a pipe, Richard Nixon was President, you could buy a brand new Chevy Monte Carlo for $3,415, gas was $0.36 a gallon, first class postage was $0.08 (we actually wrote letters then), a dozen eggs was $0.53 and bread was $0.35 a loaf. A local call on a pay-phone (we also talked to each other on the phone) was $0.10. My two major purchases for the year included a Trumark FS-1, for $1.95 and a Puma Hunter's Pal knife for about $35.00. My rent was $50 a month.

Borkum Riff Black Cavendish and a Dr. Grabow Savoy pipe.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gosh all fish-hooks - this takes me back. The last time I smoked a pipe, Richard Nixon was President, you could buy a brand new Chevy Monte Carlo for $3,415, gas was $0.36 a gallon, first class postage was $0.08 (we actually wrote letters then), a dozen eggs was $0.53 and bread was $0.35 a loaf. A local call on a pay-phone (we also talked to each other on the phone) was $0.10. My two major purchases for the year included a Trumark FS-1, for $1.95 and a Puma Hunter's Pal knife for about $35.00. My rent was $50 a month.

That blend is still around...

88a027423fd13abbbd1b141050abaace.jpg

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Chocolate, prune, and fruit - Sounds like the concoction that Granny Raja put together to exonerate the bowels.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chocolate, prune, and fruit - Sounds like the concoction that Granny Raja put together to exonerate the bowels.
LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts