Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got nice thick wood and want to make a "target" slingshot, there will be plenty of beefy material where I can "put stuff into".

Now I will try to mount the front sight of a pistol (in)to the frame sideways.
It will look enthusiastic and it's highly visible at dawn.
And should help with aiming faster too. i ordered this: HiViz CZ75 red

Thought about a red dot too, but first I want to make one with something more convenient.
I will keep you updated, with the progress of the slingshot and how it works out.
It will just take some time, since I have a lot to do the near future.

If you have tips or doubts, shout it outs :D

The slingshot will be cut out from 4cm Beech plate,
will be ergonomical and get very wide forktips about 4cm and 4-5cm
inner forkwidth, this will be probably fine for 8mm ammo.

Registered
I have used fiber optic on the corner of my homemade wood slingshots before. I just take the very corner off of the slingshot and replace it with a .7 mm fiber optic rod. I put a touch of super glue to hold it in place and get it just right and then I'll use a little bit of epoxy over that whole thing 2 keep it solid and set. Works great!

Registered
I got nice thick wood and want to make a "target" slingshot, there will be plenty of beefy material where I can "put stuff into".

Now I will try to mount the front sight of a pistol (in)to the frame sideways.
It will look enthusiastic and it's highly visible at dawn.
And should help with aiming faster too. i ordered this: HiViz CZ75 red

Thought about a red dot too, but first I want to make one with something more convenient.
I will keep you updated, with the progress of the slingshot and how it works out.
It will just take some time, since I have a lot to do the near future.

If you have tips or doubts, shout it outs :D

The slingshot will be cut out from 4cm Beech plate,
will be ergonomical and get very wide forktips about 4cm and 4-5cm
inner forkwidth, this will be probably fine for 8mm ammo.
Good discussion sir.
Putting a sight on a slingshot will not make some people happy - just like the traditional archers. They don't seem to care for lots of bells and whistles.
I've shot trad archery and I've shot full up unlimited and love them both.
Same goes for slingshots. Chucking rocks back at the river and shooting precision in the downstairs range. Both are great!
Please find below a couple of examples of sights I've tried.
The fat little Whale frame with a piece of bent wire (paperclip) stuck in a hole drilled in the frame. A little bend in the wire and it is stiff enough in the hole to hold its place.
The Super Grip Sighted frame works really well. It requires more of an Olympic archery type stance. I really need to sit up straight with my head straight up and anchor just under my ear lobe to get the sight into the correct range of adjustment. It is just an old pin sight from one of the student bows.
Hope this contributes to your discussion regarding sights on slingshot. And maybe gives you more ideas.......
tx, Ed

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Just some ideas for precision and (like target pistols often have a longer barrel)
my idea to "tilt the fork 90掳 to the front" for 2 inches (or so) more draw length.
A stabilizing weight at the gripend should make it more precise. Or maybe not?
Also I ordered 3 pairs of clips from the rambone, I could use them for
a fast band attachment system, of what Iam a huge fan...
Would like to hear your thoughts about my ideas, thanks!

Arm Human body Gesture Line Elbow

Registered
Just some ideas for precision and (like target pistols often have a longer barrel)
my idea to "tilt the fork 90掳 to the front" for 2 inches (or so) more draw length.
A stabilizing weight at the gripend should make it more precise. Or maybe not?
Also I ordered 3 pairs of clips from the rambone, I could use them for
a fast band attachment system, of what Iam a huge fan...
Would like to hear your thoughts about my ideas, thanks!

View attachment 363087
Nice work!
You could even make an archery style stabilizer - just for the fun of it........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.