Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was making my last video,some old slingshots came out of storage and every one had a story. This one slingshot,( an old Scope-Shot) was one of my earlier ones. I held it "Pistol Grip" style-no finger braced. Anyway,I was around 9 or 10 and was really pretty good with it-that is until I blew the Scope off. Pistol grip tends to move side to side unless you really have a strong grip.Then I bought another slingshot with my paper route money (after begging my Dad to mail order me one). This was the Tinker Deerslayer and it was finger braced design and to be honest ,it took awhile to get used to it but once I did,I never looked back. Does anyone still use a Pistol Grip holding style on a traditional fork-and are you very good with it? I haven't seen any Tournament shooters using it and just wondered. Flatband

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey man someone (perhaps yourself) mentioned the scope-shot a while back. Would you be able to post a pic ?
Cheers,
Mike

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to go up in the attic and dig her out Jedi. They had some great frames in the past. Flatband

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
When I was making my last video,some old slingshots came out of storage and every one had a story. This one slingshot,( an old Scope-Shot) was one of my earlier ones. I held it "Pistol Grip" style-no finger braced. Anyway,I was around 9 or 10 and was really pretty good with it-that is until I blew the Scope off. Pistol grip tends to move side to side unless you really have a strong grip.Then I bought another slingshot with my paper route money (after begging my Dad to mail order me one). This was the Tinker Deerslayer and it was finger braced design and to be honest ,it took awhile to get used to it but once I did,I never looked back. Does anyone still use a Pistol Grip holding style on a traditional fork-and are you very good with it? I haven't seen any Tournament shooters using it and just wondered. Flatband
On the Old Victor I have I pretty much use a pistol grip, My girl uses it on her natural I made. Are either of us any good with it? not really but I doubt we would be with any other kind of grip either...

·
Registered
484 Posts
i´m using the pistol ore hammer grip. i find it uncomfortable to suport the fork with my fingers. i´ve done it since i was a kid.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I shoot slingshots both ways, but my favorite (flat man) I shoot via a pistol grip. -- Tex

Reactions: Jedi

·
Registered
161 Posts
I shoot both of my victor slingshots and my BB swivel fork using the pistol grip and shoot just as good (or bad) as I do using the finger braced method.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Flatband , thanks for looking that up for me

(Don't know why I didn't just look it up there myself lol)

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, Baumstamm and Tex-I'm surprised. I'd have figured everyone would have switched to bracing as their favorite method. I used bracing so much that I don't feel right using a "Pistol Grip" unless it's on a Starship. Cool! Flatband

1 - 10 of 10 Posts