Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
10,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I traded with Jephroux for this pocket shooter which I thought was extra cool.

His method of attachment was ingenious, but the loops kept spinning around in the holes and getting the tubes tangled, which was a little annoying to me. So here is what I did to correct this problem.

I used one continuous leather thong from an old pair of moccasins I had. I know this could have been done more neatly, but I just wanted to try it out. It's a big improvement all around. Better grip and no spinning at all.
I just want to add that as small as it is, this is the ideal slingshot for anyone who wants to improve their instinctive shooting technique, because it's so small, instinctive is almost the only way you can shoot it.

Thanks again Jeff for one of the coolest shooters in my collection.

· Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
10,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using chinese tube. You could get threaded eyelets and just use a nut and washer above and below. This is just another approach.

· Registered
172 Posts
NEATO!!! I really liked the idea when Jephroux made it, but i like it even more when you added your touches to it!
I'm going to have to steal your idea for the slingshot Pete casted for me. It is actually your fault that I sent him my slingshot to be casted any way. I was blown away with your bronze natural, and now with your "leather lanyard loop" attachment!
Thanks for sharing your great ideas!

· WHO???
3,981 Posts
Excellent idea never thought bout piston rods for sling shots gotta try it !

Now where to find one lol
go to a auto salvage yard pr a shop that rebuilds engines i'm sure they have some laying around or will save you one because you need one from a small 4 cyl or maybe a motor cycle engine

Reactions: reset

· Registered
336 Posts
Hey Bill, thanks for the ideas on this one,

Well guys, very coo idea.

My best friend is a trucker with a mechanic friend working on getting us 2 matching connecting rods with the caps and bolts that hold the whole mess to the crank journal. Not the ones from a diesel truck as they are more suitable for a large ship anchor! May be able to use the caps to capture a whisker biscuit for sling bow style shooting. Work inside of head in progress kind of thing. Have to study up on this feature, though. At least wanted the bolts to add gypsy tabs as the attachment method to the "forks". Paracord wrap with (maybe) lanyard, and we should be in business. He thinks I'm crazy, and that's the way I prefer it! LOL. More WILL be revealed. Thanks for the insight. This, executed creatively, is an excellent idea. Should be indestructible, barring no problems with rods from a blown-up engine! LOL. A bent rod could automatically become an "ergo". He he! Thanks for posting this great idea.

Very, good, gentlemen!

SSS

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.