Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
Hi guys so basically I want to bite the bullet and make my first board-cut slingshot, just to give you a little background: I took wood-working in Design Technology at my secondary school, I actually won a couple awards for my wood-working skills so I know my way around the tools. The problem is however that I don't have very many so I would like for you to compile a kit, if you like, of everything I will need to successfully make my first boar-cut slingshot. I want the design to be simplistic, yet attractive, compact, yet powerful and most importantly accurate!

Please give me a link to the website(s) where I can buy the things you recommend - they must ship to the UK.

PS: If you could also design some rudimentary templates, so that I can choose one to print out I would also really appreciate it, thanks!

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
All you might need is a black and decker variable speed jig saw with scroll cutting blades and sand paper thats about it. If you have access to a stationary vise you can pit the jig saw in its grip up side down but clamped in with something cushy and cut it by moving the board. Or bolt it to plywood and put it between two saw horses, well this is how I do it and it works for me. Or a coping saw with an agressive cutting blade. Thats it.

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All you might need is a black and decker variable speed jig saw with scroll cutting blades and sand paper thats about it. If you have access to a stationary vise you can pit the jig saw in its grip up side down but clamped in with something cushy and cut it by moving the board. Or bolt it to plywood and put it between two saw horses, well this is how I do it and it works for me. Or a coping saw with an agressive cutting blade. Thats it.
Will I need a file and how many different grades, and what grades of sand-paper will I need? Also how do I treat the wood so that it isn't damaged by water?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Will I need a file and how many different grades, and what grades of sand-paper will I need? Also how do I treat the wood so that it isn't damaged by water?
[/quote]

use special outdoor furniture oil or a clear wood coat i dont know how that is called

1 - 4 of 4 Posts