Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on these burden baskets at night, when, my day is well spent and I need to relax. I find that working with plant fiber is Therpy for my mind and a way to produce while relaxing....Frogman Natural material Headgear Basket Bag Storage basket
Hat Sun hat Wood Costume hat Tints and shades

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Besides relaxing, I also found plant fibre technology to be an effective way of removing hairs from the thighs.

One time I made lots of cordage from water vine. Three years later, a travelling companion's boots disintegrated and I used cordage to reattach the sole of one shoe, and nylon on the other. Guess which shoe survived the trip?

Those baskets are great!

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
Beautiful, I wish I could make baskets, the're on my list ...
Same, like pottery I can imagine it being very relaxing, I wouldn't know how to start though lol...

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Very Nice!!!! I highly respect the craftsmanship I see in those!!! I have read about it quite a bit as it fascinates me. I make my own Flemish twist bow strings which is similar if not the same as natural cordage making, but I've yet to do any more than that.
I've really always wanted to make a pack basket and possibly a creel/ game basket of some kind. That one on the right though larger I presume by the double straps would make a great creel if smaller.

·
Banned
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Perry: The basket on the right is a backpack, but, could be fitted, if made a little smaller onto the side or lower back. The basket on the left is for acorn collection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.