Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
umm you can use any kind of plastic, if you look at Charles thread he has one about using a cutting board to make a little picklefork shooter, you can buy g10 but i heard its expensive
Charles thread :http://slingshotforum.com/topic/10511-cutting-board-pfs/page__pid__110010#entry110010
here's a site that sells G10 and other plastics, i suggest googling G10 plastics or looking on ebay

·
Registered
369 Posts
Your poly cutting boards, like those sold at Walmart, Target, and eventually at resale shops are excellent..I`ve cut more than 16 different shapes from them with some very extreme angles...With testing I find they are nearly indestructible, can take very heavy or light bands and cheap...If dropped, slammed, or even with solid fork hits...no severe damage...And best of all it` a lot cheaper than G-10...With simple hand tools you can produce amazing results...

·
Banned
6,402 Posts
I like perspex (acrylic, plexiglass, it has many names).

Can be worked just like hardwood and comes in a huge range of colours. It can be laminated, drilled, tapped, heat moulded etc.

Shown is 22mm thick clear acrylic before final polishing. It was a recycled from an old subwoofer box and has a lot of surface scratches still. After polishing it was perfectly clear.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks brilliant !

How does it hold up when you get a forkhit? Does it shatter?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Be careful using plexiglas and it is a little brittle. You can look up plastic companies in the phone book and sign companies. Both of there will usually have scrape.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts