Slingshots Forum banner

Plastic

Tags
plastic
3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  bikermikearchery 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where to get plastic for boardcuts.
i keep seeing G10 and is that a plastic and if it is where can you get it.

#3 ·
umm you can use any kind of plastic, if you look at Charles thread he has one about using a cutting board to make a little picklefork shooter, you can buy g10 but i heard its expensive
Charles thread :http://slingshotforum.com/topic/10511-cutting-board-pfs/page__pid__110010#entry110010
here's a site that sells G10 and other plastics, i suggest googling G10 plastics or looking on ebay

#4 ·
Your poly cutting boards, like those sold at Walmart, Target, and eventually at resale shops are excellent..I`ve cut more than 16 different shapes from them with some very extreme angles...With testing I find they are nearly indestructible, can take very heavy or light bands and cheap...If dropped, slammed, or even with solid fork hits...no severe damage...And best of all it` a lot cheaper than G-10...With simple hand tools you can produce amazing results...

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
I like perspex (acrylic, plexiglass, it has many names).

Can be worked just like hardwood and comes in a huge range of colours. It can be laminated, drilled, tapped, heat moulded etc.

Shown is 22mm thick clear acrylic before final polishing. It was a recycled from an old subwoofer box and has a lot of surface scratches still. After polishing it was perfectly clear.

#9 ·
Be careful using plexiglas and it is a little brittle. You can look up plastic companies in the phone book and sign companies. Both of there will usually have scrape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.