Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The international slingshot community is growing strongly! The internet with forums like this one is no doubts one of the driving factors for this.

In order to further strengthen the community, The Slingshot Channel plans to release a "news magazine" on video, starting with one news show every other week. The contents will include (but won't be limited to):

- General news in the community
- Upcoming tournaments
- reports from tournaments and other events
- Short reports about new slingshots presented in the forums
- the "slingshot of the month" as elected here
- news from the world of commercial slingshots
- new slingshot videos
- other slingshot related topics

It will be presented "CNN style", however much more amateur-ish.

My request to you folks here:

First, I am looking for a cool name and I need your suggestions!

Then, I need all kinds of general input.

Let me know!

Jörg

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Global Slingshot Roundup ?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
A couple of thoughts from some one still new.

The name clearly identifying what the channel is about can be important. It is a trick between being catchy and clear.

I had no idea that terms like catapult, catty, were related to slingshots. But I'm from
America. Consider what would be the most universal search term(s)? Somethings might not fit perfectly, but if promotion is paramount, the most highly recognized term(s) would be useful.

"All Slingshot News" came to mind, generic, simple, but identifies. Now Smitty's idea below catches the breadth of the channel.

"Global slingshot Round up", identifies what it is about. Is "round up" too American, for international? Jorg?

·
Registered
740 Posts
I think Catapult and Slingshot News is a little bit illogical because catapult is just another name for slingshots...

Rayshot is right. It has to be clear what kind of news the channel publish.

Maybe The Slingshot News or something like this is best because of Jörg's The Slingshot Channel!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I like the idea as well.
I also agree about the name confusion. In the USA, the terms slingshot and catapult are not the same object. We hear catapult and think more of medieval seige weapons or roman onagers. After a little effort, though, I'm sure we can be educated.

·
Super Moderator
6,511 Posts
RPN. "The Rubber Powered News" or the "Forked Stick Times" That would take care of the different names for slingshots from around the world. Just throwing ideas out there like everyone else?
Flatband

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like "The Forked Stick Times". "Rubber Powered News" could cause some confusion... because of the OTHER famous product made out of rubber :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts