Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everyone does it differently. I use butcher's twine (in a constricting knot) so it has friction upon itself. I'm not sure if you are stretching bands before you wrap and tuck. That way it keeps the pressure on your knots. Kinda like this.
c992d5ad7170b0cb39258f38b163d7a3.jpg
e694a623619b01ea56e4a7e110fa461d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Appreciate the input! Yes I keep it stretch but wasn't sure if I should tie it right next to pouch or have it kind if hanging loose so pouch and bands align. New to making pouches and tying bands.. but I got the bug!

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
662 Posts
Everyone does it differently. I use butcher's twine (in a constricting knot) so it has friction upon itself. I'm not sure if you are stretching bands before you wrap and tuck. That way it keeps the pressure on your knots. Kinda like this.
c992d5ad7170b0cb39258f38b163d7a3.jpg
e694a623619b01ea56e4a7e110fa461d.jpg

Appreciate the input! Yes I keep it stretch but wasn't sure if I should tie it right next to pouch or have it kind if hanging loose so pouch and bands align. New to making pouches and tying bands.. but I got the bug!

Gotcha, I do up close to pouch, so I have a little extra to grab on when pulling it back. All preference you are doing fine though. If you start noticing your bands aren't lasting long then I would check on it.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Looks good to me, but my ties are always horribly ugly. As long as it's tight and snug you're doing it right. People like using all sorts of tying material. I've had good luck with waxed twine.

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
TBH - tying bands is about as personal as socks... You'll find a best-approach that works for you.

There are a few great videos on youtube - Metrogrades (Also a great video by BruceRed) loom band tying method is what I use - however I use hair-tying bands.

Wrap and tuck also works well for me... but have had some constrictor knot issues, especially on pseudo tubes (not the knot slipping but the tubes - making the loops smaller, inconsistently)

You can actually cut the tag ends on your tie pretty close - would be neater.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the input! Bands seem to be working good and strong. Might just be thinking too much as I do sometimes hahahaa I did some trimming with the extra band. Looks better that's for sure! Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
662 Posts
TBH - tying bands is about as personal as socks... You'll find a best-approach that works for you.

There are a few great videos on youtube - Metrogrades (Also a great video by BruceRed) loom band tying method is what I use - however I use hair-tying bands.
Wrap and tuck also works well for me... but have had some constrictor knot issues, especially on pseudo tubes (not the knot slipping but the tubes - making the loops smaller, inconsistently)

You can actually cut the tag ends on your tie pretty close - would be neater.
I leave that little bit because I like the look of it. I could remove more but then it looks to clean lolz.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Looks good to me. I like to trim all the loose ends short. In my mind I see less air resistance.
I agree.
I'm with you fellers.

And cotton twine with a touch wax...chapstick, beeswax, candle stick...I wax the twine the then tie it. But I have some crystal string (spandex thread) that I love, too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts