Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Cheers, it's more about finding an area to shoot in and not the target per-se.

I don't have a garden so I need to find an outdoor space to go to to shoot (or a safe enough indoor space).

I recently went to Scotland to a farm owned by SWMBO's mother and got to practice for about 5 nights after which I was hitting about 9/10 beer cans at 40ft and really starting to enjoy myself. I want to get a lot more practice in down here but I want to find a place to practice safely and legitimately.

For a target area I simply got a cardboard box, packed it with newspapers as a backstop and put the cans in front. Even so if the shot glanced off the can and rebounded off the backstop (rather than going right through) it would rebound a good 15ft sometimes.

I'm using one of Fish's Hunter Catapults btw (and thanks for the welcome Aaron ^^)

-Andy

· Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,013 Posts
Hey there iamasmith! I am a Smith too! Good to have you with us. All I can suggest is to put together a lower power shooter to shoot in the house if you can't shoot in your yard.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey there iamasmith! I am a Smith too! Good to have you with us. All I can suggest is to put together a lower power shooter to shoot in the house if you can't shoot in your yard.
Thanks Smitty, although that may be a little fun I need to practice with this slingshot more and need 40ft or more to get my distance accuracy sorted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.