Slingshots Forum banner

Plinking in London?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  iamasmith 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Does anyone know of any locations in or near the West London (UK) that allow for some target shooting practice without falling foul of the boys in blue?

Official ranges that allow slingshots are something I would be quite happy with.

Cheers,

-Andy

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Cheers, it's more about finding an area to shoot in and not the target per-se.

I don't have a garden so I need to find an outdoor space to go to to shoot (or a safe enough indoor space).

I recently went to Scotland to a farm owned by SWMBO's mother and got to practice for about 5 nights after which I was hitting about 9/10 beer cans at 40ft and really starting to enjoy myself. I want to get a lot more practice in down here but I want to find a place to practice safely and legitimately.

For a target area I simply got a cardboard box, packed it with newspapers as a backstop and put the cans in front. Even so if the shot glanced off the can and rebounded off the backstop (rather than going right through) it would rebound a good 15ft sometimes.

I'm using one of Fish's Hunter Catapults btw (and thanks for the welcome Aaron ^^)

-Andy

#5 ·
Hey there iamasmith! I am a Smith too! Good to have you with us. All I can suggest is to put together a lower power shooter to shoot in the house if you can't shoot in your yard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.