Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is my first slingshot. I normaly make longbows, but wanted something to put in my pocket. It has been a whole new learning experience for me. Still have a whole heap to learn and many questions for you guys, but for now -
[attachment=4041:project slingshot 2010 032 (Medium).J

Thanks for looking.

Yarrow

Attachments

·
Registered
606 Posts
That looks great and a very nice finish as well

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Started life like this.
Wood Floor Flooring Gas Trunk

Got to work with an axe and split out some boards. Cut out the blanks on a band saw, and did the rest with an knife and some sand paper.
Wood Hand tool Tool Gas Hardwood

Wood Paint Font Art Kitchen utensil

This was my first go at making bands, I "found" this blue band in my wifes workout room. No way as good as the thera gold I put on tonight.
Wood Gas Art Metal Landscape

Attachments

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
very nice work. I came from the bow-building world too, welcome aboard.

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
Top notch craftsmanship!

If that is your first, even with your background I am blown away.

Keep up that type of work and you will be a renowned maker in no time. I'm sure it will shoot great for you as well.

Regards - John

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
Dang Yarrow, you are very talented. A real beauty! -- Tex-Shooter

·
Super Moderator
7,043 Posts
Nicely done Bud!!! Flatband

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
Man that's a fantastic slingshot and if it really is your first effort then all the better. Beautiful work and keep us posted on how it works for you.

PS I absolutely love the fact you split that out of a block of wood with an axe and ended up with that piece of functional art!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys, yes I have been working with wood for quite a while. This is my very first slingshot though, but it sure will not be the last! As soon as I finish work I will have a quick bite to eat and straight back in the workshop, the day just cant go by quick enough . I am very pleased with how this turned out. For finishing I use some stuff called "finishing oil" by Liberon. I have used many different finishes over the years with my longbows, but its this stuff that I come back to time and again. Waterproof, giving a very durable finish, also rated safe for toys so its quite innocuous. It gives a very glossy finish if you want, I prefer to nock it back a little with steel wool for a more satin finish.

Sorry ZDP im not Si.

Deimos - Yes you are right I did get carried away! I was practicing! Lol.

Thanks again.

Yarrow.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.