Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
This triple fork was part of a huge dead limb that I cut out of the main Plum tree last year. After the ECST I was inspired to "Cut into it".Actually, since I returned home from the ECST I have built three new pieces.

I roughed it in with my little Echo. This Plum is real hard. I started at 11 am and finished shaping and sanding until 10pm when I placed it in an oil bath. Can't wait to see the results.

I cut the blank form the heart wood right at the forks and it has some real pretty grains.

After the oil bath and a few 1000 rounds It will get a CA Glue finish.

Bill

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Now that's some pretty wood! You're pretty good with that little Echo.

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
I never would have put a chainsaw high on my list of tools for making slingshots .... but you have given me cause to reconsider! That is a really lovely piece.

Cheers ..... Charles

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bill, A GREAT looking piece!! Does this qualify as a "natural" or a "boardcut"??!!! You have mad talent with that chainsaw,ole pal!! Remind me to tell ya the story of my brother in law who climbed a ladder tilted across a tree limb , carrying up a live chainsaw, to cut said limb; he's still getting rehab for hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder damage during the fall (luckily the chainsaw shut down in mid-air!!)!! FORTUNATELY YOU really look to be a MASTER with that particular power tool!

·
"Crafter"
2,120 Posts
This is a fantastic topic , I was going to create a new topic on the cutting of large timber . My father past me a hulking great piece of oak I belive about 20" diameter that I was unsure how to cut, now from this topic I have my direction .

·
Super Moderator
6,680 Posts
WOW!!!! Rhodo, you did it up Bud! Willy, that is an awesome frame! You have not fallen far from the "Nathan Tree" with that kind of talent! Flatband

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Man, it turned out great, nice job!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts