Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently a few guys were asking about getting a "Vintage Pocket Rocket".

I was just on e-bay checking things out and found a "Roberts Rocket". It is still in the original package ( envy )too.

The people at Roberts Rocket bought out the Pocket Rocket people so they changed the name. It's essentially the same slingshot.

I'll put a link on here to e-bay so the people that are interested can take a look.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Roberts-Rocket-Slingshot-98501-Old-Cabelas-NOS-NIB-Vintage/113986592864?hash=item1a8a216060:g:lW4AAOSwX5hd2uC~:sc:USPSPriority!07734!US!-1

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks Flatband

I've been out of the circle of collecting for a while. Is this a collecting of the the "Pocket Rocket"/"Roberts Rocket" brand or name sake? The picture appears to be a folding wrist brace slingshot. There are many folding wrist brace slingshots listed that looks like would fit nicely in a pocket. I would think that some one might find one of the originals among the 466 listed on the auction site that are listed without brand or name.

'drif

·
Super Moderator
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's a brand -collector thing. Like you said, there is a bunch of foldable Wrist-Braced designs out there for the regular shooter. You're right about another thing too. Wait, and sooner or later one of the "name" foldables will come up for auction. I've seen more then a few over the years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts