Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys .. I also took a few shots with my pocket thumper ! :) shot at some shotgun shells around 35 ft away .. they were about 2 feet apart or so so the distance grew a bit with each shot .. I was using 8mm steel and some green .72 gzk green thanks for looking guys !

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Out shootn in short sleeves! Good shots my friend!! Liking the thumpers,? They go hand and hand with the Pocket Parasites.
Thank you very much brother! :) .. in glad you enjoyed it!! .. yeah the weather is still fairly cold here .. I'm just a knuckle head .. yea they sure do go hand in hand ! .. shoots well .. and it just stays in my pocket lately .. like a parasite ;)

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man your really tearing it up with that thing!! Sweet shooting!!

And jojo is doing great on that camera!!
Thanks brother!! :) .. yeah man it's a very natural shooter !! .. I like the weight also ! . And jojo says thank you!.. little guy picks things up so fast :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Awesome shooting!!!

I can't help but thinking what would happen if you shot at the primer of live rounds :nono: :iono:
I'd worry it might shoot back at you. If not in a gun, I'm told shells shoot backwards since the bulk of the weight of the shell is now in the front (the shot) so the path of least resistance is out the back. I know when you put .22lr in an oven, they shoot backwards. (Mythbusters)

In a gun, the back of the shell is supported so the expanding gas has to (mostly) exit out the front.

Maybe if there was a way to support the rest of the shell so it couldn't move? Now I'm curious.

Someone with more of physics background might be able to confirm or deny though.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Awesome shooting!!!

I can't help but thinking what would happen if you shot at the primer of live rounds :nono: :iono:
I'd worry it might shoot back at you. If not in a gun, I'm told shells shoot backwards since the bulk of the weight of the shell is now in the front (the shot) so the path of least resistance is out the back. I know when you put .22lr in an oven, they shoot backwards. (Mythbusters)

In a gun, the back of the shell is supported so the expanding gas has to (mostly) exit out the front.

Maybe if there was a way to support the rest of the shell so it couldn't move? Now I'm curious.

Someone with more of physics background might be able to confirm or deny though.
Yup! Definitely a very dangerous thing to even consider, most likely the shell would be coming right back at ya! :slap:

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome shooting!!!

Thank you very much !!

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awesome shooting!!!

I would really like to try it .. but would hate to get nailed with some hot little pellets lol!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.