Slingshots Forum banner

Pocketshots??

1374 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  hoggy
I bought these pocket shots awhile back because it seemed legit and man they can chuck some ammo, but I'm wondering does anyone actually EDC a Pocketshot? If you do can you send some tips my way on best way to aim? Or is it best shot instinctive style? I seemed to be ok with the smaller one at first but that went away when I stopped using them because I couldn't seem to achieve much consistency. Are they just a waste of time? Opinions definitely welcomed.. For the record I don't intend on making this my EDC I'm just curious if anyone has gotten really accurate with one form or another.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 5
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
cant hit anything consistantly with the smaller one i have,unless its really close,lol
cant hit anything consistantly with the smaller one i have,unless its really close,lol
Yes I also have to be close to hit things, I posted this because it seems like somebody would be great with one. I'll be honest they cause anxiety for me shooting at any kind of distance. The handle helps a bit so does using the longer red arrow bands but the draw weight is too heavy for my tastes. I think if you were an instinctive shooter this could be a good option, but where I live I can't be sending wild shots all over the place so I play with it indoors at short distance and try to aim lol. Happy Shooting.
bought 1 for my SIL a couple Christmas ago. It was useless, wouldnt give 50 cents for one
that is probably the reason my son in law gave his to me,lmao!they are pretty useless
  • Haha
that is probably the reason my son in law gave his to me,lmao!they are pretty useless
He probably thought they were good, I thought they seemed cool when I got him one, but it was before I started shooting slingshots
Well, we got you hooked now. Slip over to the local sports store or walmart and pick up a cheap Daisy F16. Order some decent bands from PP or SS (see sponsors below), hook 'em up, and you have yourself a shooting machine! All for less than a sixpack of beer. They even have videos on how to shoot the thing.!
I was looking for something to edc and I got one. This was before I got into slingshots. Not much later, I discovered bareback, frameless, then gorgeous frames, and tiny frames!

Now the pocketshot is buried deep in my closet. Junk. They even made one after the MMA fighter Ken Shamrock. I never understood that.

Save your time, money, and practice. Use it on a slingshot. You'll have more fun, greater accuracy, and even a greater appreciation of the sport/hobby when you make your own!

Sling-On!
I sure do love making my own I gave up on the pocketshot awhile back I figured I could practice alot and get good with the Pocketshot or shoot a regular slingshot I gave up on the pocketshot after a few wild shots exploded a few things and scared the life out of me lol I'll stick to the more standard style something I have more experience with and leave the pocketshots to the next guy.. lol.
I've tried a Pocketshot, it was powerful but for me it was impossible to aim (I'm not good enough to shoot instinctively and need aiming points).
The main problem for me though was that it was so LOUD when shooting it - couldn't use it in the back garden.
Reactions: 1
Hi, not a good choice for edc, very inaccurate, looks cool but I didn't like it.
Reactions: 1
thanks for this. been wondering about the pocketshot for some time. now i no longer have to wonder and can just leave them alone.
Reactions: 2
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.