What is your slingshot shooting style?
Instinctive4633.82%
Sight Shooting3827.94%
Combination of Both5238.24%

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1. Instinctive shooting is just that. Trying to "feel" in your draw for the target and then releasing. No conscious aiming. You develop shot muscle memory and over time it improves as you practice.
2. Sight Shooting is using some portion of the slingshot as a sight.

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,516 Posts
I have to use the top part of the fork to aim. Too many years of shooting sighted compound bows.

·
Registered
175 Posts
In the belgian competition, we have several different sizes of targets:

And I'll hit the 2 biggest targets (bottom left/right) on natural aim, and I have to sight shoot for the rest.
Sure I could sight for those two to, but its faster and more accurate to feel them, lol :/

·
Registered
87 Posts
My shooting is slightly instinctive, but I mostly aim using the slingshot. I'd say it's about 80% aiming, 20% instinctive. Therefore, my vote goes to aiming. -Matt

·
Super Moderator
6,633 Posts
Sight Shooter. Flatband

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
If you can see it you should be able to hit it. Dont see the logic in aiming due to far too many variables. Front rear sights are for aiming but with a slingshot you point. Well, I have had a fleeting thought of using a lazer but a good one not a cheap one. Are there any thoughts on lazers. You pont with a lazer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
This may sound pretty stupid. But when I first started shooting, I held the slingshot horizontal and aimed with the top fork. Now, I hold it at a diagonal and shoot instinctively. I tried aiming, but my technique deteriorated over time and instinctive shooting took over. I don't mind though, because I shoot much better now than before.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Both, but I sight shoot on still tsrgets, un less I am hunting. -- Tex

·
Registered
105 Posts
it depends on what i am shooting at.
I had the exact same thought.

I will say though I have yet to see on video an instinct shooter hit super small target on demand like the Chinese do. They all aim. And I'm not talking milk carton or soda can size, I'm talking ball bearing size targets and on demand with equal sized ball bearing.

When my son and me plink in the backyard we practice on a 1" fishing weight as the target. I told him " you need to take your time and aim", his reply, "no I need a bigger rock."

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
As a kid I shot upright, and I recently converted to horizontal. I shoot instinctively until I've sighted in, then I switch to sighted shooting.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Instinctively,I cant my bow to get it out of my line of vision and hold a slingshot straight up and down and look over top of it.Can hit bumble bees enough times to make me happy with bow or slingshot.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts