Martin's Gift11.19%
Dayhiker's Fitted Natural44.76%
Martin's Ash Fork "Pallan" 22.38%
Joerg's Monster22.38%
JimHarris's Leather and Lace1214.29%

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Wow, that is a record month! It is simply fantastic to see the explosion of creativity on this forum. I just love this monthly contest.

Did I forget any nominates? If so, come forth.

We will need everybody's vote this month. Poll away, folks!

Jörg

Flatband's NSA Apple:
FlatbandNSA.jpg

Smitty's Pretzel Shooter:
Smitty Pretzel.jpg

Joerg's Phoenix:
JoergsPhoenix.jpg

Jim Harris's Birds Eye Maple + Brazilian Walnut:
JH Maple and Walnut.jpg

Foreigner's Tribal Dragon:
Foreigner Tribal.JPG

Joerg's Frameless Slingshot:
Jorg frameless.jpg

ZDP189's Black Silk:
ZDP BlackSilk.jpg

Flatband's Full Blown Ergo:
Flatband FullBlown.jpg

Martin's Gift:
Martin Gift.jpg

Dayhiker's Fitted Natural:
Dayhiker Fitted.jpg

Martin's Ash Fork "Pallan":

Joerg's Monster:
Joerg monster.jpg

JimHarris's Leather and Lace:
JH L and  L.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I nominated Martin's Gift and have voted for that, but there are so many strong contenders that I have no idea what'll win. I suppose this is a sign of a strong forum that's adding members and encouraging makers! Well done Aaron and everyone who's contributed frames and nominations during April.

·
Resigned
946 Posts
Ive gone for smittys Pretzel Shooter, there are some really nice frames again this month. I just thought Smittys pretzel shooter stood out
for me.
Martin.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
GoodGravy...may have to start having categories (steel, board cut, natural and a freestyle) - there are just *too* many very well executed catty's to choose from this month. Obviously you can tell I have picked 4 favorites and they all deserve to win. Time to flip a coin 3 times...

·
Registered
88 Posts
GoodGravy...may have to start having categories (steel, board cut, natural and a freestyle) - there are just *too* many very well executed catty's to choose from this month. Obviously you can tell I have picked 4 favorites and they all deserve to win. Time to flip a coin 3 times...
All kidding aside, its tough every month to pick a favorite. But this month, its darn near impossible. They are all top notch slingshots.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
A little friendly competition is ALWAYS a good thing, it brings out the creativeness in all of us !! I had a hard time picking one as much as anyone but , that's part of the fun .

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I think it's not so much about winning as getting feedback.

Winning's not the only measure of a maker's success. Many members are competing against themselves. Jörg, being a prolific maker, was the main victim of that in the past, and is again splitting votes between two slingshots. Flatband, Martin and Jim Harris also have double entries this month.

Regardless of whether one slingshot wins outright, voting shows what the members think about individual slingshots when it has to choose between them. Along with thread comments which show what people like (and occasionally dislike) about the work, this voting can be tremendously influential in guiding makers' styles and enhancing the quality of workmanship.

People are generally working harder to produce higher quality work, but besides seeing ever better slingshots from more members, this feedback is driving people in new directions. For example, I see Jörg spending more time on materials, fit and finish as opposed to raw performance.

However, at the end of the day the person whose opinion counts for most is each maker himself. If you are satisfied that you made the slingshot you'd most rather own and shoot and that you did the best that you could, or even that it was worth the time to make it, then we each and every one are winners.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Amen to that ZDP, I wasn't even sure I could make a wide fork version of a Dankung for better target shooting. I took my time and finally got it right. It shoots like a dream and I love it. Just to know that others appreciate it to some extent makes me feel good inside. We are first trying to be true to our own vision of what our perfect slingshot should be and I have to admit that I care a great deal about the opinion of what my peers think. I couldn't have done the slingshots that I am most proud of without the help of all the members of the slingshot forum. I am still amazed about how we can come together from all over the world and be brothers, (and sisters too) from our common interest in slingshots. I sit at the computer and ooh and aah over the creations of such fine craftsmen. From my perspective I sure would like to see others try some bent steel slingshots to be able to learn from them some more tricks to make mine even better.
I'd love to see some more videos about how different people hit what they aim at too.
Also would be nice to see some videos from inside each others work areas on how we make our slingshots.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Putting everything aside , April was a fun month to be looking at new slingshots !!
Congrats to all !

·
Super Moderator
6,511 Posts
Man, now I'm stumped! So many wonderful frames.I have it narrowed down to all of them. I have some serious work to do to whittle these down-DIFFICULT!!!!!!! Flatband

·
Registered
47 Posts
They are all awesome! But I'm partial to Jim Harris' Birdseye Maple and Brazil wood creation. Imagine if one lucky soul owned all of those forks!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
My first opportunity to vote by one, due to my recent entrance to the forum, and my first difficulty in choosing only one

Chepo

·
Registered
73 Posts
Difficult choice, puzzling as always... I admire everyone's work here. My vote to Jim Harris' "Leather and Lace", simple, new and seems comfortable to shoot with.
I think there should be another section for Joerg alone, kind of "Slingshot Engineering" and we'd pick a favourite each month!

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
And we have a winner!!! Congrats Jim Harris with your Birds Eye Maple + Brazilian Walnut!!

The Final Stats were:
Flatband's NSA Apple (4 votes [5.41%])
Smitty's Pretzel Shooter (5 votes [6.76%])
Joerg's Phoenix (9 votes [12.16%])
Jim Harris's Birds Eye Maple + Brazilian Walnut (18 votes [24.32%])
Foreigner's Tribal Dragon (3 votes [4.05%])
Joerg's Frameless Slingshot (3 votes [4.05%])
ZDP189's Black Silk (7 votes [9.46%])
Flatband's Full Blown Ergo (6 votes [8.11%])
Martin's Gift (1 votes [1.35%])
Dayhiker's Fitted Natural (4 votes [5.41%])
Martin's Ash Fork "Pallan" (2 votes [2.70%])
Joerg's Monster (2 votes [2.70%])
JimHarris's Leather and Lace (10 votes [13.51%])

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Thanks fellas...we just finished playing volleyball in our weekly league. Replying from my phone. Winning the SOM feels almost as good as the Alverton Tourny. There are alot of quality craftsman on this forum and winning isn't easy. Thanks Aaron for having the SOM.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts