Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am having some issues with poor arrow flight out of my homemade slingbow with whisker biscuit. The issue occurs both when I am shooting carbon arrows with broadheads as well as fish arrows. I am shooting somewhere around 45 or 50 lb with a trigger release and as far as I can tell my whisker biscuit is perfectly level. The carbon arrows still shoot accurately, however I do notice them impacting the target at a slightly different angle than the one I am shooting at. The issue is much more pronounced with the bowfishing arrows and as you can see in video 1, the back end of The arrow kicks down causing it to vector up once it impacts the water. As you can see in video to I do sometimes get pretty stable flight but it is inconsistent and I can't link it to anything. aside from shooting at a different spot I don't believe I did anything different form wise between the two seen here. Can anyone give me any idea what might be causing this and how I can correct it? Should I try paper tuning with carbon arrows to see how stable the flight path is with those?

Thanks alot!

Video 1 poor flight

Video 2 good flight

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
Looks like your biscuit may be too low in relation to the bands (not centred) - almost like the arrow is being kicked up as it leaves the rest. Difficult to be 100% sure though. Also try holding the frame sideways - see if the arrow kicks out left or right...

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I think your moveing your hand on the shot trying to watch the arrow hit which if you drop your hand down would cause it to do what the first shot did.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
My short answer is that your bands are too tough for carbon with a BH and not hot enough for a stiff shaft like a fisher.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think your moveing your hand on the shot trying to watch the arrow hit which if you drop your hand down would cause it to do what the first shot did.
I think you are right ghost. I took a vid of my form and something about shooting on a downward angle like that was causing me to angle my wrist and affecting the trajectory of the bands. I measured the height of the whisker biscuit and arms/bands again and the center of the hole in the rest is exactly the same height as the center of the bands when drawn so I dont think this had anything to do with it and I do think my bands were underpowered for this arrow so I took off almost an inch of each and its shooting a lot straighter and harder now. Thanks for the responses guys.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mallard, the fish arrow is most generally solid fiberglass. If that is your case , you better eat some wheaties. Those are extremly heavy arrows. I normally shot them with between 50 and 75 pound bows. If that is your case, put on more rubber to put some power on the arrow flite. Your vid looked to me like the arrows was wallowing ,not flying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts