Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
~Pouch Maker~
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, it is a Chinese knife, SANRENMU 763 (LB). I love it's axis lock. I convex it's factory grind.

Factory edge

Convex Edge

Locking Mechanism: Axis Lock
Blade Style & Opener: Drop Point, Ambidextrous Thumb-Studs
Blade Steel: 8Cr13MoV (57-58HRC)
Handle Material: Dual Anodized Aluminum Handle
Clip: Replaceable, Tip Up
Blade Length: 2.68''
Blade Thickness: 0.094''
Weight: 2.05oz / 58g
Open: 6.22''
Close: 3.66''

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
the sanrenmu is fine, but i did notice you need to do a little more towards the tip, touch it up with your edgepro, find the area with a marker, to maintain the convex adjust the edgepro up 3-6* only hit that one area! but do it with fine stones or just a polishing tape or else you will have alot of reconstruction to do notice how the tip is a little distorted? the shinier they get the more the imperfections become, try to get a fluid line, other than that lookin good Irfan
Helmet Wood Tints and shades Flooring Eyewear

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Interesting knives. I've never seen one in the flesh but have seen quite a bit posted about them and usually very favorable.

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
Interesting knives. I've never seen one in the flesh but have seen quite a bit posted about them and usually very favorable.
you do get alot for your money, the 1 thing i dont like about them is that since they are made in china they are not subject to patent or copywrite laws, so their sales and ideas are based on the original craftsmans ideas, so the originator does not reap any benefits from his work.

·
~Pouch Maker~
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the sanrenmu is fine, but i did notice you need to do a little more towards the tip, touch it up with your edgepro, find the area with a marker, to maintain the convex adjust the edgepro up 3-6* only hit that one area! but do it with fine stones or just a polishing tape or else you will have alot of reconstruction to do notice how the tip is a little distorted? the shinier they get the more the imperfections become, try to get a fluid line, other than that lookin good Irfan
I just noticed the tip in the pic. OK I'll work on it.

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
I just noticed the tip in the pic. OK I'll work on it.
[/quote] photos is where i always find my weak spots

·
Cogito Ergo Armatum Sum
1,014 Posts
Ok, I started poking around and got interested in these in spite of myself. Seems that this is the same factory that produces some of the spyderco and benchmade knives. Might not have the raw sex appeal of a vintage green bone case trapper, or a german stag handle eye brand stockman, but they might be interesting to play with. It will probably take a couple of weeks to ship in from china but I have a couple of examples on the way, and I may just have to see if I do something interesting with them. :)

·
Rule #14
1,519 Posts
I recieved mine in the mail today,
First impression, what a nifty looking knife!

After further inspection, there were couple of defects some minor problems here and there.
The one i got was the Enlan El-02B

The blade play is almost zero,

One thing i didn't like was the axis lock stud, it's almost flush to the scales and the lock spring is really tight.
After a couple of openings my thumb's skin looks like i rubbed sand paper on it.

But other than that, the value is unbeatable.....

$12 knife, you can't really complain........ best value i've spent this year!

A couple of hours of work should make this knife a real pleasure.

Highly reccomended! thanks Irfan

(notice the axis lock stud, it's almost flush with the scales
)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts