Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Here is a pair I made from a single tulip poplar fork. I cut the fork into segments on a bandsaw. I sketched out a shape that fit the fork slabs and cut them out on a scroll saw. I decided one of the segments was a bit thin, so I laminated it with some red cedar. I rounded the edges over with a router and then sanded the shooters up to 320 grit. Finally, automotive clear coat was applied. The shooter that is all poplar did have some worm holes. I filled these with epoxy and green chalk powder. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice...especially the epoxy one.
Those are nice.
Nice - interesting use of a thick fork. My "Wings" started as a thick, clunky fork but I could probably not have got two slings out of it.
Mike
Wow... nice!
Awesome as always buddy. Gotta love the Chalice design.
Those are some sweet looking nattys!
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome as always buddy. Gotta love the Chalice design.
Yeah, they look cool and comfy!
But is it a chalice template?

Also, I am somewhat envious of your supply of red cedar...
It's definitely a chalice-like template. I just sketched it out. It's difficult to sketch out any kind if design these days and not have it resemble another. When I do use an actual template of somebody else's design, I try to make that known. :) Red cedar grows like a weed around my neck of the woods. Lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
It's definitely a chalice-like template. I just sketched it out. It's difficult to sketch out any kind if design these days and not have it resemble another. When I do use an actual template of somebody else's design, I try to make that known. :) Red cedar grows like a weed around my neck of the woods. Lol
Btw, does ‚your' cedar keep that beautiful eine-red colour over Time? Like in your profile pic?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Btw, does ‚your' cedar keep that beautiful eine-red colour over Time? Like in your profile pic?
Sure does. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts