Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice looking fork. Should make a great shooter! I've never worked with poplar natural forks, but I've done some board cuts from a poplar board that came out pretty nice. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
They're solid as a rock, bring a good saw. I had the misfortune of having a multi-tool.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should be nice when done......are you leaving the forks that long or will you shorten them a bit ?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unless there's some cracking at the ends of the fork, then yeah I'll keep it this length. I try to keep the prongs so that the pouch flattened out can pass through them easy enough, just so there's no chance of accidentally hitting the frame.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
I do love poplar.

Nice fork you have there.

I keep a fine toothed folding saw in my vehicle. But occasionally I am out ans have to use my Swiss Army knife.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well there's some decent cracking at the end of one of the forks. Rookie mistake I didn't remember to seal the ends.
So my options are to either shorten the frame a little or scrap it. I'll keep you all updated.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright so it only cracked a little and was able to salvage it just fine. Sanded, and currently staining

1 - 8 of 8 Posts