Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to make a small, portable pouch tying jig. I have a large one mounted to my work bench, but sometimes I like to sit in my recliner and watch TV while fiddling with things. Dug through the wood scrap pile and built this. I originally drilled it for a bigger peg, but I didn't like how it fit the holes and I thought it was a little too big to slip the pouch over. I had a 2x4 end cut in the scrap pile so I glued it over the area and then re-drilled to use a large finish nail to hold the pouch in place. I then added another piece to the bottom so I could drill the holes deeper for a more secure fit. I used two 1/4" oak dowels to anchor the band clamp side. Another scrap pile build!

Tableware Wood Rectangle Wood stain Cuisine

Attachments

·
Mojave Mo
5,165 Posts
Yup. That's it. I already need to adapt my production model and use pins instead of threads. Funny to make a purchase of something less fussy to figure out it is a little fussy. #MakeYerOwn

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Neophyte
2,119 Posts
That's pretty slick :) nice work. Looks like it will definitely get the job done!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Decided to make a small, portable pouch tying jig. I have a large one mounted to my work bench, but sometimes I like to sit in my recliner and watch TV while fiddling with things. Dug through the wood scrap pile and built this. I originally drilled it for a bigger peg, but I didn't like how it fit the holes and I thought it was a little too big to slip the pouch over. I had a 2x4 end cut in the scrap pile so I glued it over the area and then re-drilled to use a large finish nail to hold the pouch in place. I then added another piece to the bottom so I could drill the holes deeper for a more secure fit. I used two 1/4" oak dowels to anchor the band clamp side. Another scrap pile build!
attachicon.gif
portjig.jpeg
looks interesting !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts