Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

401 - 411 of 411 Posts

·
Neophyte
2,107 Posts
Made a custom sheath for the Mora bushcraft. Also made a treatment balm for the leather that treats the leather and also darkens it some. Now running a 1/2 inch fire steel in stead of the ,3/8 it came with. Will post another picture when I get the handle made for the fire steel. :)
Wood Belt buckle Rectangle Wrist Sleeve

Brown Pen Writing implement Office supplies Everyday carry

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
Made a custom sheath for the Mora bushcraft. Also made a treatment balm for the leather that treats the leather and also darkens it some. Now running a 1/2 inch fire steel in stead of the ,3/8 it came with. Will post another picture when I get the handle made for the fire steel. :) View attachment 373398
View attachment 373397
Looks great Robert! Hey, I was going to ask you, how did you end up liking the horizontal sheathe you made last? I always wanted one like that but never knew if they’d be comfortable.

·
Neophyte
2,107 Posts
Made a custom sheath for the Mora bushcraft. Also made a treatment balm for the leather that treats the leather and also darkens it some. Now running a 1/2 inch fire steel in stead of the ,3/8 it came with. Will post another picture when I get the handle made for the fire steel. :) View attachment 373398
View attachment 373397

A word of note, the molding looks awesome but with a dangler I could not draw the knife for love nor money. Had to take out the molding retention and now I can draw the knife and it isn't going anywhere. Live and learn lol :)

·
Neophyte
2,107 Posts
Looks great Robert! Hey, I was going to ask you, how did you end up liking the horizontal sheathe you made last? I always wanted one like that but never knew if they’d be comfortable.

I like the horizontal sheath, I don't really see a need to wear it out to town but I wore it around the house doing normal stuff to see if it would get in the way, also did some seated slingshoting. I did not have any real issues with it, even while seated. I kind of wore it a bit to the right and it was comfortable :)

·
Neophyte
2,107 Posts
Yup wet molded it to the knife but had to undo most of it to be able to get the knife out of the sheath on the dangler, with the sheath not being firmly held in place the molding gripped the knife too much and I just could not get the knife out lol. :)

Thanks I use stitching chisels to put the holes in for my stitching, easy to keep everything spaced out and then it is just a matter of running the needles through the holes :)

·
Neophyte
2,107 Posts
401 - 411 of 411 Posts