Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
1,457 Posts
Anyone overcome this in a method I'm not seeing?
There is a way that is considered blasphemy but which works for me.

Grip the round ammo, not the pouch. Like when you shot your mates in school with a paper pellet and rubber bands.

Like so:

Gesture Finger Thumb Terrestrial plant Nail

It improved my accuracy and my grip problem went away. I have complete control because I am gripping the ammo, not the pouch. I slip the ammo through my fingers and ZING. Improved speed and power (yes really).

I don't know anyone else who does that and I realize it's not for everyone. But it works for me.. and only for round ammo. Not for hexnuts or darts. (the ammo in the pic is a plaster of paris ball... easy to grip)

And it won't work if you have an itty bitty thin pouch compared to your ammo. The pouch will slip through between the ammo and your fingers.... not good.

Attachments

· Banned
1,457 Posts
Take it slow and don't use full power at first until you are confidant. If the pouch doesn't suit the ammo for some reason, you might get some grief.

It works for me tops, is all I can say.

Creative arts Finger Thumb Nail Pliers

Bird Hand Beak Gesture Finger

See how the ammo is safe between my fingers and the large pouch? You can't even see it. The tips of my finger and thumb are touching each other with the ammo locked in between.

Also, if you want to try new.. potentially dangerous.. stuff, I recommend, you do it with a wristrocket style slingshot at first.

Live long and prosper.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.