Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
So I'm receiving my TBG today via amazon. I made some pouches. Now which side of the leather should I use for the ammo? The smoother side or the rougher side? Thanks a bunch guys!

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Using the rough side of the leather increases friction between the two pouch sides holding the steel ammo when you're pressing the pouch together for a shot in full draw: this helps to ensure a linear release, assuming that the ammo is centered, as opposed to the potential risk of the inner pouch sides slipping from alignment during the release - with the consequence of possible stray ammo trajectories or fork hits.

In contrast, the smoother outer surface of the leather of a pouch avoids bad releases linked to unwanted friction on the index finger or thumb and misalignment during the release - not to mention the absence of abrasive action on the skin during longer shooting sessions.

Thus, the rough side is the inner side of a pouch for me.

My 2 cents worth...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Using the rough side of the leather increases friction between the two pouch sides holding the steel ammo when you're pressing the pouch together for a shot in full draw: this helps to ensure a linear release, assuming that the ammo is centered, as opposed to the potential risk of the inner pouch sides slipping from alignment during the release - with the consequence of possible stray ammo trajectories or fork hits.

In contrast, the smoother outer surface of the leather of a pouch avoids bad releases linked to unwanted friction on the index finger or thumb and misalignment during the release - not to mention the absence of abrasive action on the skin during longer shooting sessions.

Thus, the rough side is the inner side of a pouch for me.

My 2 cents worth...
That sums it up! Makes total sense! Thank u my friend!

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts