Slingshots Forum banner

Pouch Question

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  brianp 
Here is my standard pouch used on my band assemblies. It is 2 3/4 inches long by 1 inch wide with a 1/2 inch pocket. The pocket works well for all sizes of shot up to about 7/8 inch diameter. My pouch has been tweaked many times the last four years. If you don't want your pouch to interfere (a small amount) with the shot release, it needs to be small and if sight shooting the fork throat works better if it is 2 1/2 inches or greater. I don't understand why, but bench test confirm this. The only time I use a fork larger than a 2 1/2 throat opening is when wing shooting and that is because that is the only time I have ever hit a fork shooting that I know of. This is my favorite pouch style to shoot also. When hunting, I just hold the shot against the pocket with my index finger until I am ready to shoot. Tex

Attachments

It is wet formed in Dies that I made, but it can be done by folding wet leather over a marble and pinching it between two aluminum washers of the right size, then trimming it. Tex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.