Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,854 Posts
For me it is 50/50. With half the time being rushing the shot and releasing before I have the aim settled. The other half of the time it is poor release when I have the aim locked in. And I can almost always tell the difference. My challenge is to get both right half the time or more.

·
Super Moderator
2,461 Posts
I can normally tell even before i release the shot that something doesn't feel right. My problem is learning to stop and reset.

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk
Ditto 🤠
I always shoot with the spirit, that feeling you get when everything is lined up perfect. Sometimes my pouch can be just a touch off or something feels wrong, so I stop, wait and reset just because...

·
Super Moderator
1,854 Posts
I can normally tell even before i release the shot that something doesn't feel right. My problem is learning to stop and reset.

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk
A lack of patience is my biggest problem I think. I find myself snap shooting when the aim is sort of close a lot. Someday I'm going to spend a week or two holding on target for several seconds, or putting the aim on target and taking it off 3 or 4 times before releasing to try and get better with this. I also like Bill Hays' idea for using a rest to steady your frame holding hand. All things I would like to try to get out of the habit of letting fly when it is close and start really trying to aim perfectly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts