Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Neophyte
2,072 Posts
Pouch size preference is subjective. I have used pouches like the one you show to shoot many 3/8 inch steel balls. Honestly the pouches I cut myself with cutting dies I have ordered are a few fractions of an inch wider and a 1/2 inch longer than the one you have described. However I also use pouched that are twice as tall and significantly longer. The thickness of the pouch material varies for me too, mostly leather but everything from barely there kangaroo skin to thick cow hides plus everything in between and of course I have done some great shooting with microfiber pouches as well.

The point of all that is: if the ammo is safely held in such a way that it passes cleanly down range, that is all that really matters everything else is preference. or at least that is my $0.02 :)

·
Neophyte
2,072 Posts
Hey jhm757 I could hook you up with some different pouches if you want, please PM me if you are interested, thanks :)

Reactions: jhm757

·
Neophyte
2,072 Posts
If you have a Hobby Lobby near you, they have a 40 percent off one item coupon on their web site and phone app also have sales quite often ( I hardly ever pay full retail at Hobby Lobby for anything). You can get rotary cutters, mats, rulers and leather from them, all at reasonable prices if you shop wisely :)

Other craft type stores have similar incentive programs as well.

Reactions: SteveJ and jhm757
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.