Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Does anyone know where to obtain pouches that have a tiny magnet in the center of them to help hold the shot in place. There were some at the Alverton slingshot tournament, I obtained one, and would like to obtain many more.

These are great for setting up a slingshot to plink with BBs.

Therefore these help make a great slingshot to give away that someone can use the very economical BBs and not feel they need a catch box. The BB is so easy to put in the pouch and stay centered.

I am now using a little plinker with this magnetized pouch when I don't feel like being confined to my catch box so as to not go broke shooting more expensive ammo and not getting it back. Ammo goes fast when your having fun !!!!

Hopefully some knows how to obtain some.

Thanks,

Ray

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
That's clever. I was going to do that and even bought the magnet. You can get them in the market and hardware stores here.

·
Super Moderator
6,511 Posts
Hi Ray,
I got them pouches from Ray Priest of Slingshots USA. I'll give you the link to his site( it is an awesome site for slingshots stuff). If you can't find anything there give him a ring at their e-mail address. Mention to him that you were at the tournament and tried them. Flatband

http://stores.slingshotsusa.com/StoreFront.bok

·
Registered
316 Posts
The one I have is terrible as well.. Absolute garbage.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The one I got has a very tiny magnet in it.

I first found exactly where the BB sits when grabbed by the magnet then made sure the holes and the BB's center are in line as you can see by the lines. Then I reduced the size of the pouch. You see it next to my regular pouch. It has one strand of some tubing each side from Dankung, I think 2040. It works great for BB's and 1/4 inch. I haven't even tried it on larger sizes as I expect they are too heavy after seeing that the BB can be shaken loose with out too much upset.

I am having a blast having a can here and there in the yard and plinking them. I love the sound when it hits the cans or whatever I use.

DSC01240.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
The one I had, I got from Meijers Ray. I'll check and see if I see it around, I think I chucked it tho..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts