Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Very nice!

One thing you can do with good cowhide is wet it and clothes pin a ball in it. Then work it a bit after it dries. And Bam! It'll center the shot and sling true.

·
HOLD-FAST
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice!
One thing you can do with good cowhide is wet it and clothes pin a ball in it. Then work it a bit after it dries. And Bam! It'll center the shot and sling true.
Yeah, like forming a leather sheath or holster for a knife.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice job Bootsmann!

I like making my own pouches as well. I made a set of templates out of old credit cards to avoid going back to the drawing board every time. ...

Sourcing the leather has been my big problem. I was lucky to find an old Tilley wallet I had stashed away after the zipper broke .... 1mm nicely finished high grade leather - (Tilley is known for their high standard) - Funny thing is; I thought I needed lots of leather until I found the wallet and realized I should be able to get about 10 pouches from this one wallet, which should last me for a while.... Still keeping an eye out for more leather though but haven't yet figured where to look.

That is a fine piece of leather your friend gave you - Does your friend work in the leather industry?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts