Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
We are now in the New Age of Power Slingshot shooting. In the past few months slingshots have been use to take Big Game and Big Fish. There is now a World Record Book for fish & game taken with a slingshot. In the past couple of weeks this World Slingshot Record Book has caught on and shooters are on fire to get into the Slingshot Record Book. By next year it will hard to get into the Slingshot Record Book now is the time to join the Power Shooters get into the Slingshot Record Book, right now there is a good reward for what you have taken with your slingshot. http://www.chiefaj.c...record_book.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks for the info Chief AJ! Its outstanding that the sport is growing. That is one ugly carp(?)!!It looks sorta like one but then it doesn't. I don't think I've ever seen that kind of fish before.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks for the info Chief AJ! Its outstanding that the sport is growing. That is one ugly carp(?)!!It looks sorta like one but then it doesn't. I don't think I've ever seen that kind of fish before.
I think that fish is a Gar. But Im not positive.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure is a Allagitor Gar, Trinty River, TX for more detials click on: www.chiefaj.com

I think that fish is a Gar. But Im not positive.
[/quote]

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
ChiefAj, I understand this is just for game/fish taken with slingshots? As you may know I made a foot operated slingshot that delivered more than 130 Joules. It may be the strongest portable, one man operated slingshot to date. I'd certainly love to see it on your site.

I do not hunt with my slingshots, that would be illegal here. So if your record book is limited to hunting results, I guess I won't have a chance ever...

Jörg

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK Jorg, Glad you brought this up. So to make "THE SLINGSHOT RECORD BOOK" World Wide here is what the NSA and I can do: "THE SLINGSOHT REOCRD BOOK" will now have a section for Deeds done with sling shot, Like some one who breaks the reocrd of 1,500 flying targets with 1,485 hits, to most powerfull slingshot, largest slingshot, ect. We here at headquaters like the idal that Jorg brough foward. Here we go "SLINGSHOT REORD BOOK WORLD WIDE" and this is because of good old Jorg!!! Start sending in by e-mail photos and details of what you think should be in the "SLINGSHOT RECORD BOOK" to [email protected]

ChiefAj, I understand this is just for game/fish taken with slingshots? As you may know I made a foot operated slingshot that delivered more than 130 Joules. It may be the strongest portable, one man operated slingshot to date. I'd certainly love to see it on your site.

I do not hunt with my slingshots, that would be illegal here. So if your record book is limited to hunting results, I guess I won't have a chance ever...

Jörg

·
Registered
855 Posts
No doubt, that dude certainly has a "pair" on him.
These little "pigs" can be quite trecherous. I've had a couple run ins with javelina out here, and man they are nasty little critters.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Old Yeller wouldn't hurt to have with ya either.. Best dog ever!!!!

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I would only let a hunting Airdale tackle a Javelina, then only one with experence. Hey Pelleteer, did you know that a Javelina is not a pig. While a Collared Peccary may look similar to a pig, they are not. Peccaries are classified in a family of their own. They are members of the Tayassuidae Family while true pigs are members of the Suidae Family. I have been around a few Hav’s and when you see that hair on there back raise up it is time to back off a bit. They secrete musk and smell a little like a Skunk. They are usually not real aggressive unless they feel threatened or have young ones around. By the way they will take a rattle snake. Now a Russian Boar is a different story. I think they are just born mean. I have had a Ressian charge the car when I was just trying to get a picture of it from the car from about 100 feet away. -- Tex

·
Registered
286 Posts
.... and, very, fast running shoes
While driving on Maui's "Road To Hana" through the rain forests, I saw several vehicles pulled off the road at turn-ins. The occupants were hunting these critters in the thick vegetation!

..."The early Polynesian voyagers brought pigs with them to the islands and their descendants roam the island of Hawaii today...there is a mixture of size and colors, ranging from black through red to white. These pigs often weigh over 200 pounds, and occasionally range up to 400 pounds...The majority of pig hunting is done with the use of dogs; indeed, this is about the only way one can bag a pig in the dense rainforests where the greatest populations occur. This thrilling sport with many hunters using only a long knife to dispatch the pig while the dogs hang on to its snout and ears. Tackling a 200 pound boar with tusks up to 3 or 4 inches long is not for the clumsy or hesitant hunter..." ~ Kanaka Hahai Holoholona

1 - 13 of 13 Posts