Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys it's finally happened: a the grace of the kind @SJaz I am now the proud owner of a Hathcock Target Sniper. This is without a doubt the coolest Slingshot in my collection now. But what are looks without function? So I drew onto my 1" spinner from 10m with the same corner of mouth hold I've used in my homebrew HTS - and boom the first 7 of 10 were dead on hits. I'll being going mono sling with this guy for a while now, and posting updates as I progress with different setups. As of right now I'm running 3/4" straight cuts at 7" active length and it's sending marbles with authority.

Will update soon thanks for reading guys !

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

@Hulla Baloo thanks for those dimensions I'll give them a go I've got some OG TBG that needs using up lol. & yeah I totally agree this thing really shoots marbles well which makes sense because I shoot my sere with marbles & obv it's also a pocket predator. Forgot what a smack a 5/8 glass ball does & 10m - good stuff lol. :)

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad it went to a good home. I shot it well..(for me).. Just could not handle that massive span. Takes a man to shoot that rascal!
Haha thanks again my friend it really is quite a handful. Playing with different ways of carrying it in a pocket that's quick to get to as I'd like to have it on me for farm work but she's a little tricky to pocket carry. Might make a custom holster for it but for now it sits okay inside my jacket pocket so long as I don't bend down too far. Any suggestions for adding a litttle 'tack' to the grips? As it is it's quite good, just a litttle bit smooth and I could get it gripped and on target faster if it had a little more texture. Last night I wore an under armour weight lifting glove (insane grip) on my frame hand and my accuracy was very good IMO and I felt very stable.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Glad it went to a good home. I shot it well..(for me).. Just could not handle that massive span. Takes a man to shoot that rascal!
Haha thanks again my friend it really is quite a handful. Playing with different ways of carrying it in a pocket that's quick to get to as I'd like to have it on me for farm work but she's a little tricky to pocket carry. Might make a custom holster for it but for now it sits okay inside my jacket pocket so long as I don't bend down too far. Any suggestions for adding a litttle 'tack' to the grips? As it is it's quite good, just a litttle bit smooth and I could get it gripped and on target faster if it had a little more texture. Last night I wore an under armour weight lifting glove (insane grip) on my frame hand and my accuracy was very good IMO and I felt very stable.
How about a little 80 grit sand paper scuffed on like checkering on a gun stock. or even some of that stuff they put on tennis rackets. If it was a hammer, I'd say a spiral wrap of that old timey cloth friction tape.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the suggestions!

Reactions: hoggy
1 - 10 of 10 Posts