Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a huge fun of the orange gzk 0.72. it has a near infinite stretch and as a result it is super smooth. However, it doesnt last very long. It just falls apart by developing holes, not necessarily tears, and it is slow.
Yesterday I tried my usual cut, 15/10, and 23.5cm active, with precise 3rd gen 0.65. even though it is thinner, it has a stronger pull, which becomes progressively heavier as it comes near its elongation limit and it is.....FAST with 3/8 steel and 16mm marbles. I cant comment on longevity yet, but I do hope it lasts at least 400-500 shots.
I do find the progressive heaviness of the draw very beneficial by the way, as it gives very good and consistent feedback as to when to release.

What do you guys think about those two brands?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two months ago, I started to use bands, that were cut last fall and kept in darkness.
I was really surprised, when I found holes in mid part of bands after couple shots.
Had no same problem with bands I cut after that.
Hmmmm, my gzk is a few months old, but was mostly kept in the refrigerator. It could affect band longevity though.
Still, I prefer precise as it is more dense, and faster!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been liking the stretch and elongation of the gen. 3. I'm down to 13" active length for my 70" draw compared to 16" active with the
gen.1. Plus it lasts much longer. Remember thinner is faster.
Do you find precise 3rd gen has less elongation than orange gzk?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Today I took a decision to shoot Precise 0.65 exclusively.
Precise gen3 is excellent across the range and Precise I've used since I started, but I never close the door on options. The Sumeike 0.45 is a lovely band and I like the BSB I've tried.
Granted, the gzk bands I have are 99% counterfeits, but still, I really want to settle on one band for consistency.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Today I took a decision to shoot Precise 0.65 exclusively.
Precise gen3 is excellent across the range and Precise I've used since I started, but I never close the door on options. The Sumeike 0.45 is a lovely band and I like the BSB I've tried.
Granted, the gzk bands I have are 99% counterfeits, but still, I really want to settle on one band for consistency.
I feel the same, but keep getting tempted lol Precise gen3 are my go to's and probably will settle on them only eventually.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now that I've shot the 0.65 precise a bit, I have to say that I got breakage at the pouch end, with NO warning, 3/3 times. I don't overstretch the bands, so I believe the reason may be that I stretch them a bit more when tying them on the pouch, the 15/10 taper is just too radical for them (not likely), or they are just too fast.
I'll try tying them on with my old, trusted way, and see what happens.
I hope I did something miserably wrong, as I have two more rolls on order ????

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One of the reasons I shoot looped tubes. I like shooting not replacing band sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I got many rolls, and this is a first. Good rubber doesn't behave like that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.