Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,674 Posts
Some bands have a lot better retraction rate then others. Take a piece, lay it on your measuring mat and mark down exactly how long it is. Then stretch it to the max elongation, hold it stretched out for 5 +- seconds, then lay it back on the mat and see if it returns to its original length and if it's not immediately then time it. I've only used the .4 Precise and honestly, I'm just not impressed with it at all, when comparred to other top brands as far as accuracy. It has great speed, but it doesn't always retract all the way quickly or evenly. I could have a bad roll, but I've put it on the back burner because a band broke after just a few shots.

·
Super Moderator
2,674 Posts
That's a good test to run. I've found a length that I'm happy with for the moment, as far as speed and accuracy is concerned, but it's not the most consistent. And my bands have lasted at least 300+ shots so far, so I am pretty satisfied with that. I prefer the simple shot black bands for overall feel/accuracy/speed but they seem to break really fast, at least for me.

Are there any other good brands you might recommend? Im mostly interested in accuracy and enough power to cut a can. I just finally ordered some 1/4" ammo so that should make cutting cans a little easier compared to.177s I've been shooting!
For accuracy, I love the ALS from slingshooting.com. A lot of the guys love the 100% slingshot also but I haven't had the need to order any yet. Another great band for accuracy is the Yongshuihu...

·
Super Moderator
2,674 Posts
I've had pretty good experiences with #64 rubber bands and better experiences with the simple shot black. I just wish they lasted longer! I'm not sure I was getting much more than 100 shots from the .4 ssb. And maybe 50-75 with #64s. I'm also going to try to order some sumeike, I know I've seen that name on the forum a handful of times.

I'd also like to give the "ammo pinch" a try, but I think I might have to wait on that until I finally work my way up to 8mm ammo.
Sumike is good for speed, I love it for that but there's a big difference between its speed and the consistent shot placement of the ALS & Yongshuihu. I use those 3 brands of latex over most of the others... and I have a lot of other brands like SimpleShot, Precise, BSB & both types of SoBong. They all work, but each one feels different. Right now, I've got the BSB on my EVO Ergo still and it's lasting just fine. I've been shooting it for a couple of weeks, but every slingshot that I have is set up differently, different brands, different tapers for different ammo, etc... and I shoot them all daily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts