Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Slingshot Forum friends!

After a period of time focused on blowgun shooting, I've decided to go for some old slingshot shooting practice on the woods again.

I'm going to try some new ammo this weekend, 9.5mm steel balls, weighing 4 grams.

The enemies will be some low quality beer cans and a pressurized can of Lysol. Let's see how this powerful disinfectant will fare against my steelies!!

This weekend will be extra long. Tuesday is a national holiday and the Government decided to send everybody to their homes on Monday, which means I'll have 4 days to kill my boredom. Confinement will be mandatory, but I have my secret forest spot :)

Hope I can make some sort of footage, although my tripod is out of commission.

Best regards ...Q

Tool Wood Knife Blade Pattern
Cutting mat Green Wood Rectangle Pattern
Rectangle Yellow Line Tool Office supplies
Drink Aluminum can Safety glove Soil Pattern

Attachments

· Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here where I live you can't hardly find a can of Lysol, all most non-existent with the Coronavirus going on. You my want to reconsider killing the can of Lysol, unless it's empty.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
I hear you, my friend. And I'm sorry if I offended you in any way.

Nevertheless, in here is quite the opposite: I got disinfectants coming out my eyes and ears all day long. I think I'll have to terminate this can with relish...

You see, sir, amidst all this global pandemic we gotta keep our mental sanity by having a bit of fun with all of these things. It's like shooting at a coconut or a vegetable, when there's places in the world were people ain't got nothing to eat. I think it is not disrespectful at all if you do it in a civilized and fun manner, although some folks might not think that way. And I understand their point of view.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback!!!

Cheers ...Q

· Registered
1,629 Posts
Here where I live you can't hardly find a can of Lysol, all most non-existent with the Coronavirus going on. You my want to reconsider killing the can of Lysol, unless it's empty.

Nevertheless, in here is quite the opposite: I got disinfectants coming out my eyes and ears all day long. I think I'll have to terminate this can with relish...
You see, sir, amidst all this global pandemic we gotta keep our mental sanity by having a bit of fun with all of these things. It's like shooting at a coconut or a vegetable, when there's places in the world were people ain't got nothing to eat. I think it is not disrespectful at all if you do it in a civilized and fun manner, although some folks might not think that way. And I understand their point of view.
Cheers ...Q
No offense taken!
The way I see it, it's your can of Lysol and if you want to shoot it go for it. Please be humane about it though, try to kill it on the first shot.

· Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Q, good to see you back on the prowl! Looking forward to the movie. Stay safe and pop that Lysol when the wind is blowing. That way you can disinfect the world and do us all a favor.

Enjoy your time in the fresh air,
LOL!! You read my mind :D

Actually, I was thinking of the wind detail. I wonder how it smells afterward.

Hope I can do it in this 4 days span. Today is already raining, but I'm hoping for the best.

Cheers ...Q

I wish you good shooting...hit that can of lysol a few times for me
I shall, sir. I shall!

Thanks for the feedback :)

Cheers ...Q

Hoping you have a blast Q!!
LOL!! "Hoping you have a blast" is a great double-entendre comment!

Let's hope the weather permits it, sir. So far is raining, but it can get better.

Best regards ...Q

· Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Cheers ...Q
No offense taken!
The way I see it, it's your can of Lysol and if you want to shoot it go for it. Please be humane about it though, try to kill it on the first shot.

It will be painless, I assure you :D

Actually, I've never shot an aerosol can with a steel ball. I'll be eager to see how it goes.

It says it has no CFS's, so it is safe to release the gas.

Cheers ...Q

· Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's great to see you post again enjoy your outdoor adventure
Thanks sir!!!!

I'm always here lurking :D Eternally!!!

Slingshots are an undying passion of mine. The fact is that, in recent weeks, I've acquired two professional blowguns.

I'm just in AWE of those. Blowguns are in fact an underrated survival weapon and a huge implement of fun!!

THANKS for your feedback, my friend!!

Cheers ...Q

· Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't notice any of your natural forks in the picture. Also, have you taken up drinking "low quality beer" ? :nono:

Enjoy your long weekend, my friend!!!
Greetings my friend!! Hope everything's rolling on!!

You're right, no naturals of mine on the picture. Have stopped a bit lately, but I guess I'm building up momentum to begin carving again!

Anyway, all of my naturals are gone to trades and giveaways. Soon, there will be others.

About the beer: I suspect this brand is the lowest form of beer on sale here. Impossible for me to drink it.

...they're really deserving what's coming!!! :D Bad beer should be punished!!

Cheers ...Q

I see those vicious man eating beer cans lurking in you stuff. Shooot 'em. As for that aerosol can?? Shoot it twice! You can tell everyone that you put lysol on your balls! ;)
"Lysol on your balls"!!! That's a great one!!!! :rolling:

I might borrow your genius phrase to my video's title (with your permission, of course!!)

If you knew, sir, the disinfectant ordeal I have to endure each day on my work, you'd be wanting to thrash a Lysol can too...

Well, anyway, it's all fun and games. I do wish the best for everyone.

Best regards ...Q

· Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL - considering the weather thought you'd be working on making some frames.

Nice - hope you get some good shooting in.

I've been looking at a section of Montsanto near Restelo lately - looks like a promising place to get some shooting in myself :)
Oh, my friend!!!! How are you??

Hope everything's fine with you during this "Ball Of Confusion", to quote the Temptations :)

Yup, Monsanto ... Awesome indeed. I know it very well, I did made some shooting hikes there and there's also a part of it with very good material for naturals. It's a pretty big area.

But here, near my home, I've been discovering also some unknown forest parts. Actually they're pretty calm and wild enough. One of these days, we should try a get together. It would be lots of fun!! Please, do call me whenever you may want.

Best regards ...Q

· Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've been looking at a section of Montsanto near Restelo lately - looks like a promising place to get some shooting in myself :)
Certainly therapeutic if you can manage it, when dealing with situations. All the best.
One of the things I got left now...

A stroll in the woods, a slingshot in my pocket and a target in my satchel.

Still the simplest of things offering the most enjoyable moments.

Cheers ...Q

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.