Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a fishing set from Dankung and I'm getting ready to use it. I was dismayed to find that Georgia only allows non-game species to be taken with a bow. I like right near the coast and I was hoping to go after sea trout.

Florida is only 45 miles away. I know they have a three-day license for out of state that only costs $17. My cousin, who lives in Jacksonville, and I, have a lot of experience with the flats of the N. Florida coast. They're just full of Red Trout and drum. I'll have to check the laws. By the way, I'm a long-time sea kayaker. I've been a lot of places. The only place I will never kayak again is Lake Superior. I went in the sea caves, then got caught by a storm in the open water. Death isn't cool. Anyone who isn't afraid of that lake is an idiot.

Anyway, I'm still only mediocre with the looped-band Chinese slingshots, so I figured I would get a slingshot and rig it up for fishing darts. I'm not usually into large fork-gaps, but I went with one for this.

I got a second one for the woods and pocket. Both were made by my friend Jeff at Trip Wire Slingshots:

The green is for the woods. The blue is for the water:

Azure Font Aqua Wood Bicycle part

Attachments

·
See The Target
22,202 Posts
Check your local game conservation laws for the legalities . DON'T take game species ! Only " rough fish " like carp and gar are permissible . It's a lot of fun and a challenge . It's like hunting and fishing rolled into one . Wear polarized sunglasses . Be quiet and and invisible .Understand light ray refraction in water . Always be aware of the your shadow direction . Some days their very spooky and other days they're suicidal .The tough days are the funnest .

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Hey Uath, I've been toying with the same idea. Good luck to you and let us know how you do! Also, maybe post a review of the Dankung setup. I've been weighing buying one or just cobbling one together.

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dankung sent me two protective gloves, the old one and the new one they just came out with. The old one is kind of punk and it's right hand hold. the kit also included, a reel, line, and a wrist bracelet for the reel. They also sent two sets of looped bands, three small darts, one large dart. There is no slingshot included, but that's fine with me.

I'm bummed about the laws. Obviously, I intended to fish from my kayak and I know where the trout are. I'm going to look into what kinds of fish I can locate. There's no way I would kill a gar. I have a weird affection for them. I've heard they're very good to eat, but hard to clean.

Do any of you guys rig flat-bands for fishing? I don't know where to start. Months ago, I bought a roll of GZK 1mm latex. I haven't used it. I really just bought it because it was the last roll they had. I haven't even opened it.

I thought about using the 1 mm latex with 13 cm of slack, that's kind of long, since you're looking at a six inch dart (or longer). Maybe make it stout, 3 cm tapered to 2 cm??

I think you want some pull here. You're certainly not going to be shooting very often and obviously, you need power.

Am I on the right track? I need to measure those darts, but The short bands will act differently than normal-length bands anyway.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Shoot mullet they are good to eat run shallow a lot of the time and yes gar are good to eat and yes I shoot flat bands

1 - 6 of 6 Posts